Health care is a human RIGHT, not a privilege.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by walter4, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Well, if you pull fire alarms or call 911 you may indeed be fined but if you willfully violate all possible safety rules and recklessly expose yourself to crime/fire hazards you will not be fined no matter how often you use the services.

Moreover people who need a new liver every 5 years already get a new liver ever 5 years. And they don't pay a single penny for it, the tab is already picked up by the taxpayer. The situation can't possibly get any worse than it already is.

Having said that I do agree that some safeguards could and should be implemented to prevent unscrupulous assholes from abusing the system. But overall, the overwhelming majority of normal and honest americans should be as protected from heart attack as they are already protected from fire or highway robbery. It should have absolutely nothing to do with their employment, financial status or the opinion of a Health Insurance company bureaucrat.

#11     Sep 20, 2009

2. Organ donors is very different than the health care and prevention care. That is a wait list for organs because no one can take the organ from someone who die to use for the living person if the person did not say ok take my organs. It is a donation when someone die, OR a live donation like kidney. A live donation is control by the donator.

#12     Sep 20, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

Why people will pay these incredible prices for medical care and then donate an organ for free is beyond me.... an organ is donated and it's worth $50,000 immediately, I want all of that to go to my heirs...

#13     Sep 21, 2009
  4. I dont know about that organ donor stuff. Did You know they take your organs out of your body 60 seconds after you die. Did you also know that you can be revived from death about 300 seconds after you die? If you are an organ donor, do you think they will try to revive you for the full 5 minutes, or just the first 30-45 seconds before they start harvesting your organs.

#14     Sep 21, 2009
  5. A citizen has NO RIGHT to be protected. The fucntion of the police is to maintain order and keep peace through the enforcement of the law.

#15     Sep 21, 2009
  6. 151

The OP should have read the entire document.

"Article 30.

Nothing in this Declaration may be interpreted as implying for any State, group or person any right to engage in any activity or to perform any act aimed at the destruction of any of the rights and freedoms set forth herein."

#16     Sep 21, 2009
  7. Yeah, I see how it always is with libs. You want everything and when the bill comes due you pass it off for someone else to pay. What else is new?

#17     Sep 21, 2009
  8. segv

segv

#18     Sep 21, 2009
  9. Healthcare should be non profit. No person should profit one cent from the illness of another.

#19     Sep 28, 2009
  10. I hear ya. That dang psychiatrist trying to bill me two, three times, sometimes more just because I have a few "xtra" personalities.

p.s. stay away from those healthcare stocks, they'll kill ya.

#20     Sep 28, 2009