Health Care for Day Traders

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by ShortSqueeze, Jun 30, 2009.

1. hayman

hayman

Not nearly enough. Let's say you come down with cancer or have a bad car accident, either of which could result in an extended hospital stay. You will eat that 3 MM up in a matter of months. After that, they'll go after your assets, to pay for the stay. There are a lot of chintzy policies out there that only provide 2 - 3 MM lifetime caps on hosptalization. That is the one element you need to guard against. You are really rolling the dice, if you opt for one of these fix-capped plans. Trust me, I've heard many stories of people who were wiped out as a result. If you are serious about adequate health coverage for you and your family, always make sure that your plan has UNLIMITED lifetime hospitalization. These policies are a heck of a lot more costly than these 2-3 MM cap plans, but would you insure your $ 300,000 house for only $ 50,000 ??

I have unlimited lifetime hospitalization for my family, and I have raised the deductibles to the maximum, to minimize my monthly premiums as much as possible.

#21     Jul 12, 2009
  2. This is a joke, right? To be uninsured is probably the worst trade that you could ever make. By not having a plan, you can save money almost every month. However, when you have that rare occurence, you are in a bad place. It is similar to having 20 profitable days in a row, then a huge loser that wipes out your month.

Are there any plans that are offered from trading groups, firms etc. for day traders or investors?

#22     Jul 14, 2009
  3. Not a bad idea lol! Start an insurance company for self employed day traders.

#23     Jul 15, 2009
  4. JPope

JPope

No more speculation? Care to put a timeline on that? I'd like to put some money on the line and will gladly take the other side of your projection. I assume you're game, you sound convicted. Send me a PM to discuss terms. Or we can just do it here...

#24     Jul 15, 2009