Health Benefits

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by Weasel, Apr 12, 2004.

1. Weasel

Weasel

Who do you use? The firm I'm joining has a group plan, but it's going to cost me $1,269.00 per month for a family of four. That's nuts. Any suggestions out there?

2. kill your family or make your wife work. if she gets a basic job you can all go on her plan.

3. ethos

ethos

Consider HSA plan. It costs just over $200/month for a family of 4 if you are in your 30th. After you meet $4800 deductible they cover %80 or 70% depending on the plan. In the worst case the total of your payments will be about $10,000 per year (tax free). If you don't get sick it's less then $3000. It's also employer independent!

I use Nationwide Insurance in California. Blue Shield also has similar plan.

Steps:
    - get high deductible plan eligible for HSA
    - open HSA account to be able to get tax free benefits

Here is financial part:
    http://www.msabank.com

4. Weasel

Weasel

Good one brokerboy. The wife hasn't worked in 10 years. I suggested it just for the benefits, but I doubt it will be happening. As for killing them. I would, but I don't think they have broadband or DSL hookups in jail for me to trade online.

5. Ebo

Ebo

What state are you in?

6. Weasel

Weasel

New Jersey

7. monee

monee

See Horizon Blue Cross Blue shield web site

Family policy traditional plan

10,000 deductible per person
    50% coinsurance after that
    after 15,000 out of pocket they pay 100% of all usual and customary charges

Maximum family deductible 20,000.

$612.91 Per month

Sounds outrageous but its sort of like disaster protection

8. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Yeah, I think they have broadband in prison there...

9. He says there is no internet in prison.

10. kiwi

kiwi

We were living in NJ and had a small business plan with Horizon Blue Cross. Cost about $650 per month for family of 4.
    Was set up as a spousal business and all we had to do was sign papers stating that wife worked in business about 60% of time.

It was a pretty good plan.

PM me if you want a contact

Stuart

#10     Apr 12, 2004