Headset + Mic

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Doobs789, Oct 25, 2016.

1. Doobs789

Doobs789

Any recommendations on a good headset + mic? I have a Plantronics wireless one now, but I don't really like it. Thanks.

2. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

what do you intend to use it for? Phone calls? Gaming? Video conferencing? Also why don't you like your headset?

I currently have the Steelseries Siberia 840, a wireless headset with mic, works via its own proprietary wireless protocol and also Bluetooth. Could not be happier. Its too big to carry around but if you just wanna use it at home its an excellent headset. I switch inputs between my work machine and htpc, so I can use it during work for conference calls/phone calls and else via my htpc to watch movies.

3. Doobs789

Doobs789

I intend to use it for chat/video-conferencing throughout the day. Skype/Webex/Gtm/etc. My current headset is fine, but the battery doesn't last long. And it must be turned to off to charge it.

4. Zzzz1

Zzzz1

then get a Steel Series Siberia 800 or 840. It comes with 2 rechargeable batteries, one of which is charged in the base station while using the other, so you are never without charged battery. Each battery lasts quite long, for my average use each battery lasts around one week. The mic is top notch and the speakers also. Additional plus is the natural noise cancellation due to the larger ear pads. I really like them but they are expensive, I think the 840 retails for 325 dollars or so. Not much for audiophiles but in the upper price range for casual users. But quality is definitely on the level of Plantronics.

All other, cheaper, wireless mic/headsets miss a feature or two that this one has. Either no Bluetooth or only Bluetooth, some come without mic, none that I know of has 2 batteries, and the audio quality is pretty much unmatched at this price level.

5. 2rosy

2rosy

I have the hyperX and wear it 4hrs a day straight. It was the cheapest good headset i found but no wireless.
    The steelseries siberia looks good though

6. algofy

algofy

I'd recommend getting a pair of over the ear ones but that are also lightweight. After an extended period of time, on the ear headphones will start to really cause some pain.