Heads up on LEH!

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Rearden Metal, May 23, 2008.

1. solyaris

solyaris

Atlas Shrugged :cool:

(yeah this post is totally useless)

#21     May 23, 2008
  2. And this is of course why you are long the Ultra Financial ProShares (UYG)???

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&postid=1932430#post1932430

Once again you don't make any sense at all.
    Are you on some sort of "medication"?
    :eek:

#22     May 23, 2008
  3. Fuld got his bonus....what's the problem....

#23     May 23, 2008
  4. LEH is a beautiful trading vehicle precisely because these kinds of rumors swirl around it from time to time.
    They're much smarter than anyone gives them credit for, though, which is good, because I'd have to build a small monument to them in my backyard if they ever bit the dust.
    It's setting up, right now, for a very pretty long trade. Assuming it stays down here on Tuesday, it will be almost set for a nice technical bounce. If it slides south of around 35, it'll be set. I pulled the trigger on a small upside bet today, and will add on Tuesday if it fulfills my criteria. A mere bounce to 38.50, which is very doable, would be juicy.
    To put it bluntly: lightning never strikes twice in the same place, which is what this would be, for all practical purposes.

#24     May 23, 2008
  5. LEH.PK

#25     May 24, 2008
  6. mokwit

mokwit

More likely to see a change in the law that allows an I Bank to continue in operation with negative equity than you are to see LEHQ.PK.

#26     May 24, 2008
  7. mokwit

mokwit

8. "I suspect that some of the authorities applaud Lehman’s accounting ingenuity."

Love that :D

#28     May 24, 2008
  9. mokwit

mokwit

10. ......and I thought Russian banks had risky business models!

#30     May 24, 2008