Heads up - FB, APPL, AMZN, GOOGL - Earnings Thursday

Discussion in 'Options' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Jul 29, 2020.

1. Heads up - FB, APPL, AMZN, GOOGL - Earnings Thursday

IMO......
    • GOOGL, AAPL and FB options are reasonably priced.
    • I like the GOOGL July31 1600 calls at $8.40. (long position)
    • AMZN options very expensive.

I have no trades at this time.

lovethetrade and stepandfetchit like this.
  2. I've been trying to buy a google pixel 4 for a few months in Canada, still sold out lol so I have some calls on goog. I typically don't have positions in goog in generally. I'm a long term AMZN holder, I don't need more exposure. I have light aapl calls, no news is good news. I have fb puts - I think they are in trouble. Their entire ads team is a mess and false positive rejections are at an all time high. Also they've restructured the app so many users are getting a notification on ANYTHING - which means fb desperately needs people to needlessly open their app to try to hook a few impressions on their phone. I personally had to go thru like 20 or so separate notification settings to indicate which notifications i actually wanted on my phone.

OptionsOptionsOptions likes this.
  3. A put credit spread on AMZN would still seem viable as a 2 day trade, which balances out the high premiums a bit. -- This is not my cup of tea, so take with grain of salt.

4. S2007S

S2007S

I believe this may be the first time all 4 are announcing together in one night.

Over $5 trillion worth of market capitalization combined. Its going to be an incredible after the close party.

My prediction

Amazon will move at least $200-$300 after the close
    Apple will move at least $20
    Facebook about 15-$20
    Google about $100-150

Could be an absolutely crazy Friday

5. S2007S

S2007S

Wow apple a 4 for 1 stock split. Thats the biggest news out of their entire earnings report

6. ASS-U-ME-ing your predictions come to pass, then selling a AMZN 7AUG20 3155/3140 PUT credit spread seems to be a reasonable trade if you wish to put <500 at risk. -- Credit of about $10 should be able to close Friday and keep at least $2.5.
    Damn! <-- in a respectful tone (pardon my french) Google is not holding, but Very interesting "prediction".

I did a AMZN trade after seeing OptionsOptionsOptions post, so am grateful to these posts. -- (I see a coke and a small bag of peanuts in my future!)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2020
  7. S2007S

S2007S

All 4 companies crushed earnings after the close.

Again after watching the stocks soar after hours all I can say is I don't see this continuing only because everything in these earnings had to do with the at home quarantine life. Next quarter should be much more amusing.

Also I would not be surprised if profits are taken ahead of weekend stimulus situation

8. @S20075: I like your predictions. I hope you post more! -- Precise moves and time! Sweet!

9. S2007S

S2007S

Thanks for the compliment but my predictions are usually wrong

:D

My next prediction for tomorrow would be possibly profit taking. Markets open green and sell off into the one due to delay in trillion dollar stimulus bill however, any sell off will be totally erased once the stimulus bill is put into motion. So get ready for some heavy volatility in the days and weeks ahead.

ironchef and (deleted member) like this.
  10. S2007S

S2007S

Futures red. Even after a surge in the biggest tech stocks in the world....could be a huge sell on the news tomorrow

US 30
    DERIVED
    18:28:29 | Futures
    -21.5 -0.08%

US 500
    DERIVED
    18:28:24 | Futures
    -2.50 -0.08%

US Tech 100
    DERIVED
    18:28:31 | Futures
    +8.75 +0.08%