Headaches + Advice on Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KK70, Aug 17, 2005.

1. I cannot comment on anti-glare or eyestrain, but can comment on glasses. I need glasses to read. I also have a mild near-sightedness but I have always been able to pass my driver's license vision test with no restrictions. Up until three years ago I had been using el cheapo reading glasses bought at the drug store to read by. But I thought I was starting to need glasses for the computer. I talked it over with my eye doctor and said I wanted glasses to monitor the computer with. He said that he had mixed success with such glasses and recommended normal bi-focals. I resisted and had a prescription filled for what I need to read by which was a little different for each eye and obviously much better than what I had been buying at the drug store. But the main thing I wanted was reading glasses with the larger lenses for a larger field of view since I was looking back and forth at three monitors. I have had a couple of check ups since and my vision has not changed and I do not know what I would do without my computer/reading glasses.

#21     Aug 11, 2008