Headaches + Advice on Monitors

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KK70, Aug 17, 2005.

1. wdscott

wdscott

K,

All the advice here is excellent. I also had the same problem with headaches while trading. Switched the monitor to Dell 1905. No more headaches.

Dave

#11     Aug 18, 2005
  2. fitrol

fitrol

I also use a dell monitor..but i found my headaches stopped when I was making money!!!!

Seriously though I changed the colours of my trading screen to a grey/yellow combination as the background in a bigger font size(still black). This helped....the previous advice about looking away and antiglare glasses etc is also useful.

#12     Aug 19, 2005
  3. i use 2 LG 19" CRT's on 1600x1200 at 75hz.. it's fine for me..

#13     Oct 12, 2005
  4. don't trade on a laptop

laptops give me the worst eye strain!

I have an ACER laptop which I hookup to a real monitor!

I just bought another 17 inch HP lcd on ebay for like $150

cheap :D

#14     Oct 12, 2005
  5. I have been in trading environments that are lit like a standard office. Sometimes I keep my personal set up darker like a war room. Any suggestions or further thoughts on this?

#15     Aug 10, 2008
  6. First the only LCD monitors that I have ever used are NEC opticlear. Some call these glossy or wetlook. These NEC monitors arrive from the factory very bright which some people find too bright. Mine are set close to what they come from the factory with, so many people remark how bright they are. I have my fonts set a little larger than standard. I have three monitors across, and one is nearly in front of a double window although the window is elevated such that only the top three or four inches is above the window and of course it set back a good two feet. The window is east and is fairly heavily shaded by the trees in my yard. I never turn on any lights when I am trading. My point is I get a fairly nice natural backlighting. My point is also that I went to school and worked in places that had windows and places that did not. I always thought I was more productive in environments where I could look out the window and see a natural setting.

#16     Aug 11, 2008
  7. Great thread. None of this monitor upgrading has helped me. My eyes are burning. Can someone suggest an anti glare glass for my eyes? My doc just says look away for a few minutes. That aint helpin. right now i am wearing sunglasses:mad: :(

#17     Aug 11, 2008
  8. I never experienced headaches from watching monitors all day, but I began to feel my eyes were tired by the end of the day. I recently saw a piece in the local TV news about these glasses that are specifically made for computer users. I went to their website and looked them over. I said hey for $100 bucks I'll give them a shot. I like them. The lenses have a yellow tint to them that brightens the screen, yet it feels to me as though my eyes are more relaxed.

FWIW, their website is http://www.gunnaroptiks.com/

He is a youtube link to another TV news piece about them. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PL2Pdf8tct0

#18     Aug 11, 2008

9. Perfect, that is just what I need. I couldn't find it anywhere...You are the man.

#19     Aug 11, 2008
  10. Glad to help. If you pick up a pair, post your thoughts about them here. I got the Emissary in the Attache' collection. A bunch of the styles were sold-out. The lenses in the ones I got are somewhat small, which means that you can see the bottom edge of the lenses even when looking straight ahead. Its not a big deal, but If I had to do it over I would consider getting larger lenses.

#20     Aug 11, 2008