Headache

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by annaland, Feb 6, 2008.

1. Are there any easy ways to get rid of headaches without meds? Homeopathy/teas/rubs/remedies/anything? Thanks.

al

2. no-doze

3. maxpi

maxpi

Stop eating chocolate, cheese and drinking wine, one or more of those may be giving you headaches. I quit chocolate 20 years ago and never had a serious headache since.

You can stimulate a facial nerve that runs above your eyes and release endorphins... find the notch in your brow ridge above your eye. Put your fingernail in the ridge until it hurts a little and massage the nerve that runs though that notch for 10-30 seconds, it causes a release of endorphins which will make you feel a little better, maybe a lot better...

4. HEADON! Apply directly to the forehead!

HEADON! Apply directly to the forehead!

5. fwiw, dehydration will cause headaches. Actually, you need plenty of oxygen to trade. Water is good.

6. Mvic

Mvic

Caffine withdrawl can cause major headaches (this is why no-doze above sometimes would work). Might be as simple as having a cup of coffee if you haven't had one in a day or two.

Both hunger and constipation can cause headaches both with simple cures.

Eyes strain is another common cause with obvious remedy.

Sinus pain also is a distinct possibility in which case sudafed non drying sinus is the best product (guaifeniesen is the ingredient you need), no med solution is steam treatment to unblock the passages allowing preassure relief (ie hold head over boiling pot of water and breathe with towel over head or use one of these available at most pharmacys
    http://www.drugstore.com/products/prod.asp?pid=70259&catid=91814

I have had some good results with these massages.

http://taichi.snowcron.com/shiatsu_headache.htm

Other common cause is dehydration, so drinking lots of fluids with electrolytes will also work like gatorade or even OJ.

7. I don't know if it's a coincidence or not, but I have been taking Acetyl L Carnitine and it's really helped.

8. Stop hanging around Marketsurfer?

j/k! :D

9. [​IMG]

10. Thanks for the replies. Sleep may just be the best cure.

-al

#10     Feb 8, 2008