Head for the Hills - Bear Stearns funds worthless-Bear Market/Crash is here and now!!

Discussion in 'Trading' started by michaelscott, Jul 17, 2007.

1. What about a cold call insurance salesmen like you...should we aspire to be so high up on the ladder?! :p

#41     Jul 18, 2007

2. Caught plagiarizing yet he still manages to give advice. Absolutely incredible!!! Michael since you love flashing lights maybe you could aspire to become a pinball machine repair man.

#42     Jul 18, 2007
  3. Says the guy who just was caught stealing... uhh I mean.. copy & pasting half a book, then putting his name underneath.

#43     Jul 18, 2007
  4. I want to take this time to be serious. I saw the reply by stocktrader on "credibility".

Honestly, if you have to ask if anyone is "credible" on a messageboard then you need to rethink life. There is no "credibility" with an anonymous figure on a messageboard even when that anonymous figure has had a history of giving accurate and well-thought out responses.

I meet with people face to face each and every day. Credibility is developed through face to face interactions after an extended period of time.

It is an art-form in determining who is truely credible. If you interview people, you need to have interviewed at least 100 or more persons before you get the feeling who are the right candidates. If you interact with people in a business environment, then it will take years of trial and error of in-person dealings before you get an idea of who is truely credible.

As was stated in the previous writing. There are people that Wall Street regards as "suckers". If there are people out there that trust anonymous handles on a messageboard, then that is truely sad.

In real life, it takes many years of dealings with real live persons to determine if a person is truely credible. Even with years of experience, the trained person can get it wrong when the determination of credibility is made.

An NYPD detective once told me to believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see. These are words that I live by.

So if you ever trust anyone or truely believe what you read on the world wide web, then you are truely a "sucker". You dont know these people's backgrounds, you dont know their history.

Im willing to meet anyone here in real life, Im not afraid. If you knew me, then you would know my credentials and my ability. As for stocktrader, holygrail and the rest of these clowns, they are just that clowns. Their life is spent here on messageboards going through old posts and trying to determine who is credible and who is not.

There is a fine world out there to live and spending your life here is a waste. I spend my time here to kill time and to see if anyone has anything constructive to say. I never see anything constructive however, but the same old posters littering up the site and probably work for that trade2win outfit.

#44     Jul 18, 2007
  5. Whoa, you're like a robot that's broken and keeps spewing pre-programmed junk!

#45     Jul 18, 2007
  6. There is nothing worse than a FAILURE giving advice on how to live your life.

#46     Jul 18, 2007
  7. If it's of no consequence, why the 1000-word missive in response? Do you mention that BS IBKR short during these face to face interactions? Do you mention your short RIMM and GOOG paper trading debacles?

Do the World a favor and toss your CPU off a cliff.

#47     Jul 18, 2007
  8. Why does he need to explain himself to an anonymous internet poster that has admitted that he has used a dozen or so aliases on ET?

You are hysterical.
    :D

#48     Jul 18, 2007
  9. I have principles, if you don't like them, well, I have others.
    --- Groucho Marx

#49     Jul 18, 2007
  10. Nope. Of course I would never approach anyone in real life with the same attitude that I use online. I treat this website and everything on the internet for what it is; an imaginary virtual reality computer construct.

Some of you people have a false sense of reality when you get on a website on the internet. Your looking for credible people, your looking for people to tell you what to do and how to do it. Thats like looking on a NYC subway for credible people. If you wouldnt look on an NYC subway for credible people, then why would you turn to the internet?

By the way, I write about my true positions in stocks and options. That is no falsehood. I have been bearish on IBKR since day one and have daytraded both RIMM and GOOG. In fact, Im more of a daytrader then anything else and am just now enjoying the world of options trading which I have so neglected until now.

However, Atticus, let me demonstrate to you now what is a falsehood. It is people like yourself that get on a website and attempt to look credible so you can con others into the way you think. I have always been taught that it is this type of salesman approach in which you should be most suspicious about.

In the days of old, there were boiler rooms in NYC filled with con artists that would telephone retired folks and try to sell them stock. Now the way of the world is through messageboards like this one where someone wants you to get into a trade or maybe join their LLC prop firm.

I dont sit here and attempt to fool people with such confidence scams. I simply treat this website for what it is, entertainment value only.

As for my 1000 word submission, on Wall Street, you must have the ability to type very quickly. I go through at least 200 emails per day and answer every single one;) I dont sit at home in a small room like you do, but a rather large one filled with people in a very active environment. This takes me 60 seconds to type.

#50     Jul 18, 2007