Head and Shoulders forming on the S&P 500 - Target price 800

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by maxxy, Jun 26, 2009.

1. Good post rtstrading. Btw, have you done any testing on past data regarding the accuracy and predictive power of this widely followed pattern? Thanks.

#21     Jul 3, 2009
  2. Volume came in light today - otherwise it would have been a done deal (it still may).

p$

#22     Jul 8, 2009
  3. So how's that "head and shoulders" pattern working out for everyone today???

Guess you guys never heard of the slogan . . .
    "What is obvious is obviously WRONG."

:D :D :D

#23     Jul 13, 2009
  4. Like the first 2 posts. "Anyone see the H&S?" "We will see if it a failed pattern"

So it may work it may not. how useless can this be?

Sounds like Elliott Wave people arguing over which wave and sub wave and reactive wave each person sees...

#24     Jul 13, 2009
  5. #25     Jul 15, 2009
  6. Jumpshot

Jumpshot

I see 930 as the line in the sand for the H&S pattern. An H&S pattern can have more then one shoulder. Many people are familiar with the simple H&S pattern and believe the current one is busted. I say not so, as long as the SPX stays under 931 then the H&S is still in play.

I see you have posted a thread on the inverse h&s on the weekly. What is your true opinion? H&S or inverse h&s. More people see the inverse h&s on the weekly then the h&s on the daily. Most will think the one on the daily is now busted when in fact, its not...

#26     Jul 15, 2009
  7. Hey Aaoron Copeland/Roman Candle/Jumpshot - Do you really enjoy talking to yourself all the time? How do you keep track of all these nicknames that are talking to each other. Just curious is all. Once, a long time ago, I got a psychology degree and although that fell by the wayside in favor of Economics, I still have an amateur interest in the psychology arena. So wierd folks like yourself with mulktiple personalities never cease to fascinate me. Anyhow, like i said, just curious is all.

#27     Jul 15, 2009
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I dunno, From 930 to 870 that is pretty good thank you very much...

#28     Jul 15, 2009
  9. QFE

#29     Jul 15, 2009