He Was Supposed to Be Competent

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Pop Sickle, May 28, 2010.

1. You don't think ILLEGAL immigration is an important issue in the USA?

CBS Poll:
    84% of respondents think illegal immigration is a "very serious" or "serious" problem.

http://www.pollingreport.com/immigration.htm

Rasmussen Poll:

67% Say Military Should Be Used On Border To Stop Illegal Immigration

http://news.yahoo.com/s/rasmussen/20100528/pl_rasmussen/illegalimmigration20100528

You are proving my point that you are a far left extremist who is out of touch. Perhaps if you lived in the US, and had a skin in the game, you might have a different perspective.

#31     May 29, 2010
  2. With all the examples of what happens when you let corporations run wild that should be clear to everyone

#32     May 29, 2010
  3. I think illegal immigration is a big problem, both in the US and Canada. (In addition, immigration in general is a problem when newcomers want to enjoy our standard of living, which is impossible for them to achieve at home, while at the same time insisting that they should be allowed to govern themselves according to their ancient religious laws!). You're a good example of the 'ugly American' who has no clue what's going on outside his own borders. If you read a decent political magazine every once in a while, you'd know that Canadians are struggling with some of the same issues you are, wanting to encourage legal immigrants who will contribute while discouraging those who would leech off of us.

The point is that it's either ridiculous hyperbole or (more likely) extremist rhetoric to suggest that this problem, which has been festering for the last 25 years, is somehow Obama's 'major political disaster'. That's so clearly untrue that it calls into question the ethics of the writer. It seems that it's very hard for you to pick up on this. Perhaps someone else can explain it better than I can.

I encourage you to respond under your usual username. That way we can correlate your comments here with your past positions and better understand where you're coming from.

#33     May 29, 2010
  4. You, an 'ugly Canadian', are the one commenting on American politics. I was responding to your extremist comment pertaining to the article. Your 'ugly American' slur has no basis in reality. I did not comment on Canadian immigration politics. I merely noted that your statement on American concerns about illegal immigration, and Obama's indifference to the concerns, is out of touch. You need to read a decent political magazine once in a while.

You seem to have a lot of resentment towards the USA. Why do you spend so much time pushing your extremist 'ugly Canadian' views on an American message board?

#34     May 29, 2010
  5. maxpi

maxpi

Before the election I saw a breakdown of what Obama believes versus what the typical American believes... it was astounding how out of step he was, simply astounding... so I said that over time, as people all got dissed on their dearest issues, his popularity would fall. Fine, that's why we elect our officials, we can kick them out at the next election and try to undo the damage...

#35     May 29, 2010
  6. Wow, you sure love to make shit up, don't you? No surprise, it's what extremists do when their 'logic' is hammered into the ground.

1) I am on record here as saying that America has been the greatest country on the planet for the past century and the bastion of freedom for the world.

2. I made no statement about American concerns re: immigration. Can you provide a link to support that lie? What I said was that Noonan's comments about the President vis-a-vis illegal immigration are a bunch of horseshit. It's unreal that you can't seem to grasp this very simple concept... or maybe it isn't, come to think of it.

3. Are you really so dense that you don't understand how Canadians would be concerned about what's happening in the U.S., the world leader in economic output, the world's biggest military, our biggest trading partner, our nearest neighbour, and the country where the majority of the world's population would give their left nut to emigrate to? Can you just clarify specifically that you don't understand this?

4. 'Ugly American' is a phrase which has come to mean to U.S. travellers who go outside the US but think that everything should be just like it is on Main Street, Anytown, U.S.A. It describes Americans who have blinders on. I think this describes you rather aptly, considering you can't seem to understand the difference between a comment on illegal immigration in the U.S., and a critique of a comment on illegal immigration in the U.S.

5. I ask you again, why don't you post under your usual username? Afraid?

Thanks

#36     May 29, 2010
  7. While Obama reacts too slowly and not forceful enough, he is not the cause of the oil spill in the Gulf, although he may end up paying the price politically, since he is the president. The truth regarding the spill in the Gulf is that it will probably require a relief well, that will take several more weeks...maybe months to complete. No one wants to say this, but the problem may be beyond current technology to fix quickly. The people of the Gulf states are probably just fucked, but understandably no politican wants to tell them that.

While republican politicians can criticize the OBama administration as not being able to fix this problem, the question will eventually become...What would a republican president do differently?

The democrats lose credibility because they preach that the federal government can solve all problems, but the republicans also lose credibility because they preach that private industry can self regulate. Both theories are proven to be wrong...at least in the Gulf.

#37     May 29, 2010
    #38     May 29, 2010
  9. Not sure why I even bother with dumb fucks like you, but let me try this one more time. I'll put it in bold for you, may be that will help

I'm not saying that the debate about illegal immigration is invalid. I am saying that her statement that illegal immigration represents a disaster for Obama vis-a-vis his Presidency is a crock of shit. I never commented on the fact that 80% of Americans think it's a problem. I think it's a problem too. The fact that I've said this 4 times and you can't seem to grasp it means that you're a fucking moron.

Fucking, hell, how stupid do you have to be to not understand this?

With regard to the other lies you told about me, we'll just let those go. It's par for your pitch and putt course.

Clearly you've figured out that if you engage me, you're in way over your head. Next time, best just to keep playing Call of Duty and avoid responding to my posts.

On Ignore.

#39     May 29, 2010
  10. I told the truth. You just can't handle it. YOU are a fucking IDIOT. Enjoy your pathetic life. :D

#40     May 29, 2010