Hawking: God did not create Universe

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 2, 2010.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

God is on the ropes

A young MIT professor is finishing Darwin's task — and threatening to undo everything the wacky right holds dear

#351     Jan 4, 2015
  2. Ahh, poor Richard wouldn't say there is ANY chance of a God. He does have books to sell just like Stephen does. But I do remember reading the article where Stephen said what I said above in my last post. When I find the article I will post it in this thread. Maybe it has been erased by the Atheist agenda people. And YOUR brain might fall out of a 0.02% hole since it appears to have a closed mind within it which makes it pretty small compared to an open mind which is a lot larger. :p

#352     Jan 4, 2015
  3. So you think there are no people on the Left who believe in God? I thought you were smarter than that. My bad. :wtf:ops:

#353     Jan 4, 2015
  4. Has Stu answered any of these questions yet? He's a man of science so he should know the answers right? Maybe we need to talk to Hawking so he can answer these questions. The problems is, he can't. He would fail. Science would fail. A failing grade. Flunkies. But they want everyone to look up to them like they are the most intelligent life form in the Universe. It's a joke. Because they are 99.999999999999999% most likely not. LOL

#354     Jan 4, 2015
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

You think this is what the article is about? I thought you were smarter than that. My bad.:wtf:ops:

#355     Jan 4, 2015
  6. stu

stu

ah yeah...there's always the ...Galileo, Newton, Einstein, Hawking; wtf do they know... fuckwit argument.

Dude ok, so you don't understand what science is.
    Scientific theories contain facts. Bullshit theories...well they don't, and so won't be science anyway.

When you can come to grips with a smidgen of basic logic, get back.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    #356     Jan 4, 2015
  7. stu

stu

Logically, there could not be any kind of a Creator, like a supernatural one for instance.
    But then of course Gravity is a Creator. Natural too.

Nah.
    Were it the case that life altogether should not be possible, then that might suggest something very weird going on.

But it's not the case and that it may require no matter how many certain values to be precise in order for life to occur, simply suggests inevitability. That is, given certain natural conditions, those values will ineluctably come about and life therefore made possible. No need for a Creator.

And what exactly is an "unnatural" theory? Or don't you even ask yourself that glaringly obvious question.

There cannot actually be anything unnatural (contrary to nature or not in accordance with or determined by nature) in physics. Science is the study of the physical and natural world, not some imaginary ethereal and unnatural one.

If there were anything unnatural then it wouldn't be scientific. End of story.

There is nothing remotely being made unnatural about the Standard Model from it having a large number of different particles and forces, many of which seem surplus to requirement, or because it is also very precariously balanced.
    Who the hell would say cosmological theory is regarded as unnatural because it has a large number of stars and planets which seem surplus to requirement!

You don't even need to be a scientist to see how those are not reasons to call something unnatural or even "unnatural".

Badly used words do tend to end up in quote marks a lot. Pity "authors" don't take the "time" to "use" the "right" word that might better "convey" what they mean to "say".

Last edited: Jan 4, 2015
    #357     Jan 4, 2015
  8. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

hmmmmmm.....I find it very interesting that the list above only contains white people. What does that say about you? Do you think that only white people are smart?

Okay, you believe that scientific theories always contain facts. Do you believe that when and if the universe goes into a contracting phase humans will get younger? Please present the facts.

Please present the facts that there was singularity and that the laws of physics broke down during singularity. Or, do you just have blind faith?

#358     Jan 4, 2015

9. Yeah really WTF is he babbling about?

It's amazing. There is not a single right wing/libertarian(same thing) person on this whole forum that has a brain. Truly amazing.

#359     Jan 4, 2015
  10. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I thought there was one. But I was mistaken.

Oh well . . .

#360     Jan 4, 2015