Hawking: God did not create Universe

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 2, 2010.

1. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Every single one? Really? You've spoken to every single one of them?

Fancy that.

#311     Jan 2, 2015
  2. jem

jem

could you be a more of a douche?
    but in this case... yes... there is not a scientist with a real degree on the entire earth who has ever declared that they know what happened prior to the big bang.

at this point in time it is unknowable for today's science.
    argue that troll.

#312     Jan 2, 2015
  3. Wallet

Wallet

Stu said it earlier in a post and it underlines the root fallacy of their "scientific thinking" " it can't be science if it involves the supernatural". Yes you are correct, most all scientists acknowledge at least the "appearance of fine tuning", but any answer that leans towards creationism must be ignored despite the facts.

What Stu and company et al, fail to state is there are a large number of evangelical scientists who support creationism as a viable option. However the MSM will not report it. Doesn't fit the narrative.

#313     Jan 2, 2015
  4. stu

stu

Science has always ruled out a Creator (God) because a Creator (God) isn't science, you tosser.

#314     Jan 2, 2015
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Which is not what you said: "as of now science can not rule out a Creator because we can not see back past the big bang and consequently we do not know what if anything created the big bang".

I'm going to guess that you can't see the difference.

#315     Jan 2, 2015
  6. stu

stu

Evangelical scientists is a contradiction in terms.
    There are no facts in creationism.
    The only thing creationism has to do with science is that creationism has nothing to do with science.

The universe appears fine tuned like the Earth appears flat.

Logically, factually, sensibly, reasonably, rationally, it can't be science if it involves the supernatural.

Supernatural is in the realm of fiction, religion, voodoo superstition and all types of woo in general.
    Hope that helps.

#316     Jan 2, 2015
  7. jem

jem

the difference is the difference between a real discussion and your douche statement which I responded to in kind.

as a douche you may not be aware of how douchey your statement was.

as for stu...

that is a bunch of troll crap... trying to mix and match logic with definition not meant to be used the way he wants to use it.

you were caught being a troll again... and I am not going to waste my time trying to discuss whether science is discussing the supernatural when it tries to discover the cause of the appearance of design.

so here is the summary...

1. we don't know what happened "before" the big bang so science does not even speak to whether there is a Creator or not... it certainly does not rule it out...

2. but there is evidence of a creator in the extreme fine tuning of our universe...

now that evidence could be explained if there are infinite other universes... or something we are yet to discover.

but at the moment it can be seen as evidence of a Tuner.

I have presented dozens of quotes from top scientists... and videos... explaining that.

to deny that I have presented that info from top scientists is to be a troll liar.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2015
    #317     Jan 2, 2015
  8. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Please delineate what happened before the big bang?

#318     Jan 2, 2015
  9. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Please delineate what happened before the big bang?

#319     Jan 2, 2015
  10. WeToddDid2

WeToddDid2

Also, please give me an exhaustive list of every life form in the universe.

#320     Jan 2, 2015