Hawking: God did not create Universe

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Free Thinker, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Hawking thinks he created the universe. :p

#201     Dec 11, 2014
  2. jem

jem

#202     Dec 11, 2014
  3. jem

jem

in pertinent part from about 1 page ago.. we see stu lying about using the word "can".

#203     Dec 11, 2014
  4. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

I'm assuming you have absolutely no idea how childish all this sounds.

#204     Dec 11, 2014
  5. 377OHMS

377OHMS

Lets see.

I'm an engineer with an electrophysics education and grew up with zero religious influence. I've been inside a church one time (a wedding at an old catholic church in Baltimore, I sat in the back row wearing dark sunglasses with 10 empty rows between me and everybody else lol). Point being that I'm not a religious person in any traditional sense.

But I've always been troubled by, well... our very existence. Certainly I am convinced that Darwinism is correct in that it nicely explains what we see around us today but the part that bothers me is the beginning. I have trouble believing that a soup of carbon based acids somehow magically becomes a self-organizing system even when being exposed to lightning and other intense forms of energy. It seems to violate the law of entropy and therefore is inconsistent with thermodynamics. Organized systems become chaotic, not more organized.

The fact that instantaneous action-at-a-distance has been confirmed to exist adds to my determination to keep my mind open. All of us microwave guys always knew it because we studied Maxwell primarily and he said that everything was literally connected mechanically and that action-at-a-distance was a certainty.

Bottom line... I doubt that life is spontaneous and I wouldn't be completely shocked if something else was at work.

#205     Dec 11, 2014
  6. Just like when he says that there is no science showing AGW is real.

Fundamentally intellectually dishonest. I call it lying.

#206     Dec 11, 2014
  7. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Or one can be charitable and call it cognitive dissonance.

#207     Dec 12, 2014
  8. stu

stu

A mixture of the two maybe, they both make him a fundamentally dishonest person in most everything he posts from goddidit to AGW .

It's funny though in another way, as everyone except himself can see how he's so deceptive even in the evidence he offered up in trying to defend his own deceit.:rolleyes:

Doubt he was ever a lawyer. Apart from him not knowing cite is not spelt as site, they do at least need to be clever enough to know they are lying.:D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
    #208     Dec 12, 2014
  9. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

The online personas that people create for themselves are always entertaining.

#209     Dec 12, 2014
  10. Hawking created known universe.

#210     Dec 12, 2014