Hawaii

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by Monsoon, Apr 11, 2003.

1. corvus

corvus

You could also trade EUREX from 10pm to 2am...very viable trading in those hours for DAX and ESTX50.

#11     Apr 12, 2003
  2. tjymaui

tjymaui

Lived in Hawaii up until 12 years ago and am looking to go back someday soon. The cost of living is high, as others have mentioned, but it's the cost people pay to live in paradise.

#12     Apr 13, 2003
  3. Monsoon

Monsoon

Any traders out in Hawaii need an understudy/floor cleaner that has an econ backgroud?
    i will work for next to nothing as long as i can make my house/util/food payments

#13     Apr 13, 2003
  4. sunnie

sunnie

Yes, to each their own...good luck in your endeavors...:)

#14     Apr 13, 2003
  5. Monsoon

Monsoon

i do however see your reasoning, my situation is different than most I think :)

#15     Apr 13, 2003
  6. Spark

Spark

hey monsoon, Hawaii may not be so attractive compared to mainland USA if you are looking for a job. After 911 and war, the job outlook here is pretty shaky. However, there may be wealthy traders here who can hire you as a trading clerk instead floor cleaner..........lol Anyway, welcome to Hawaii and good luck!

#16     Apr 13, 2003
  7. Used to live in Kona ... even got married there. Yes, if you are looking to acquire a top-tier diploma the UH system is a waste of time. If you are looking to surf or play the Ukulele, however, the experience cannot be beat. In my book anyone who can finagle the semblance of a reason to move to the Big Isl. must be doing something right. (Oddly, even wearing an old Ironman volunteer tee-shirt this weekend ...) I hear Kona has streetlights now, what's up w/ that?? I know, too many mainlanders moving in ...

#17     Apr 13, 2003
  8. Spark

Spark

Why do you think UH system a waste? A lot depends on student itself rather institution. Hawaii is a dreamland for many people in the world including mainland USA. I don't know what made you think education in UH a waste. You may have to look at mirror yourself....lol

#18     Apr 13, 2003
  9. You may have to learn to read. I didn't say UH is a waste. I said "
    If you are looking to acquire a top-tier diploma the UH system is a waste of time. "

Yes, a lot depends on the student. However, even stellar students who graduate from UH will not leave w/ a 'top-tier' diploma on their resume. One might try to take exception and say UH has a highly regarded oceanography (?) or geology (?) department, but my general statement is valid. Back in '92 Singapore didn't even recognize UH as an accredited undergraduate education - recognized HPU but not UH! Buy a plane ticket, take your UH diploma to any major business center outside of Honolulu and see how many doors it opens for you. Good luck.

#19     Apr 13, 2003
  10. Zardoz

Zardoz

Anyone trading from Kauai?

#20     Apr 13, 2003