Hawaii verifies Obama birth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, May 23, 2012.

1. http://www.azcentral.com/news/polit...2obama-birth-hawaii-arizona-verification.html

Hawaii sends Arizona verification of Obama's birth

Arizona Secretary of State Ken Bennett said Tuesday night that he has received information from Hawaii that proves President Obama's American birth and satisfies Arizona's requirements for having the president on the upcoming election ballot.

A Hawaii official sent Bennett's office verification of birth for President Obama on Tuesday, according to both Bennett and Hawaii officials.

Bennett said the issue is now resolved from his point of view. He has cancelled a planned Wednesday news conference where he was expected to discuss the issue.

"I'm happy that we got what we asked for and that's what I was expecting all along," Bennett said Tuesday night.

Bennett made national news earlier this month when he asked Hawaii to verify Obama's birthplace to ensure the President is eligible to appear on Arizona's November ballot.

His decision reignited the simmering birther movement, though Bennett has said he doesn't associate with the birthers.

On Tuesday Joshua A. Wisch, special assistant to the attorney general in Hawaii, said the matter had been resolved.

"We have received information from Secretary Bennett that satisfied our requirement and has therefore provided his office with a verification of birth for President Obama," Wisch wrote in an email.

2. So is this the end of the birthers :confused: :confused: :confused:

3. Ricter

Ricter

Bennett probably made a face-saving phone call to the "Hawaii official" and asked, "please send me something, anything. Yeah, yeah, I know it's nuts but I gotta get these people off of me."

4. They didn't send him what he asked for. He just gave up.

5. "The mind is a terrible thing to waste... But it does make becoming a republican much easier once it's gone..
    Without a shred of verifiable and falsifiable evidence to the contrary, 50% of the republicans don't believe that President Obama was born in the US less than 50 years ago.
    And yet, those same people are certain that 2000 years ago someone called jesus was born in of a virgin in the Middle East, did miracles, died on the cross and resurrected to heaven without a shred of verifiable and falsifiable evidence to support this."