Hawaii offers free trips for digital nomads

Discussion in 'Luxury and Lifestyle' started by Pekelo, Dec 6, 2020.

1. tomorton

tomorton

Lack of challenge / activity / structure in life outside the salary job is a major problem. Its maybe why retired people make up work - grandparents seem to be the busiest people on the planet - many retired folk end up working harder for voluntary organisations than they did for salaries.

All of which benefits society of course, but its at least a partial let-down when you've worked hard and saved money, only to find your life post-work is empty. I have retired 3 times and am about to apply for work again.

#11     Dec 14, 2020
    MrDickeyFuller and luisHK like this.
  2. mlawson71

mlawson71

To each their own, I guess. I mostly stay at home these days, I wouldn't mind hanging out on a beach.

#12     Dec 14, 2020
  3. themickey

themickey

Pretty cool
    morning.jpg

#13     Dec 14, 2020
    mlawson71 and tomorton like this.
  4. TimMykes

TimMykes

how could a person not know that retirement requires structure. something to do.

#14     Dec 15, 2020
  5. fan27

fan27

I have done full time remote work and it sucks IMO. With my current job I am home two days a week and in the office three days a week. It's a nice balance.

#15     Dec 27, 2020
    MrDickeyFuller and luisHK like this.
  6. mlawson71

mlawson71

To each their own. Some people like working from home, others want to go back to the office fulltime.

#16     Jan 8, 2021
  7. Cabin111

Cabin111

I live in California. San Jose (Silicone Valley) pretty much has the best weather in the world. Actually Oakland CA (experts have said), has the best weather in the world. Oakland has a mild 4 seasons. It also has an average temperature of 68 in the winter and 68 in the summer. Global warming is changing that...But the East Bay and South Bay Area had the weather. I live in the Central Valley...Nice mild winters, but very hot summers.

#17     Jan 16, 2021
  8. mlawson71

mlawson71

If one has AC the hot summers shouldn't be a problem.

#18     Feb 15, 2021
    tomorton likes this.