Haven't seen MSFT move like this in a loong time...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ang_99, Jan 14, 2007.

1. empee

empee

so, xbox/zune are successful because they lose a boatload of cash indefinately? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel or is profitless prosperity a success?

How does innovation equate to winning a war of attrition. What exactly has MSFT innovated at?

BTW, MSFT announced Xbox will have some sort of TV offering.. a day after AAPL introduced iTV.

Interestingly, instead of arguing on facts you choose to attack me personally. No attacks on my part are necessary, your incredible ignorance in your replies provides all the fodder needed for ppl to make their own decisions about u.

Talk is cheap.

#21     Jan 15, 2007
  2. blast19

blast19

Wow rambling man...did you make any points there? Doubt it.

Microsoft has the ability to launch products like Xbox and Zune knowing full well how much money they will be losing on it because Microsoft also knows that their money will allow them to do everything in their power to exploit the competition's inefficiencies and errors such as the Playstation 3 not being on shelves....lots of kids probably got Xboxes instead.

Microsoft has innovated "at" Xbox Live. They're so heavily credited with this I don't know how you can miss it...it's only the future of gaming consoles....no, you're right, people don't want to play multiplayer online...they'd rather play alone....uh huh.

You can already download HD movies to the Xbox. What's your point? If Microsoft can beat out the competition that's all that matters to them.

My personal attacks on you are because you're an idiot. Your comments are a joke. Do you really think Microsoft or anyone for that matter needed you to point out that taking on the Playstation and Ipod was a major financial undertaking and the company would lose a ton of money trying to catch up?! You're a fool...yes, call it personal, okay dummy?

How are my replies ignorant? Because I'm pointing out that you've done nothing but state the obvious? Sorry to point out that you've stated nothing of any use.

#22     Jan 15, 2007
  3. #23     Jan 15, 2007
  4. blast19

blast19

#24     Jan 15, 2007
  5. Once again, ZERO idea about multiplayer gaming. In case it completely went past you, you are using the top and most advanced online gaming platform when you type this idiocy. Now I could explain to you why Xbox Live is seen by clueless morons as a "success" but that involves looking at numbers, both positive and negative, and I already know that is way over your head. I think your best argument so far involves calling people "idiots", all while having zero idea the differences between how Sony and Microsoft executed the online gameplay and who actually made more money with a fraction of the work & investment.

I'm the idiot, where did I ever state that PS3 is doing good at all? BTW, do you have the slightest idea about capacity constraints at console launch. I know it's hard to face the truth, but the Wii is the most demanded console by far. Nintendo can't make them fast enough and already raking in huge profits due to how many launch games are first-party games. Do you even know what "first-party" games mean? I doubt you even know how console makers make money.
    Just give up, you're clueless, whether you right or wrong, you barely have an idea of what you arguing, why, and whether your argument is pointed in the correct direction.
    Good luck with your life, I suggest wearing a helmet every time you step outside your home.

You have a point, I am behind in the stats. Plus, I never stated Sony is executing good at all, in fact, a joke among my friends is that you know you really f**king up when you are executing worse than Microsoft and Sony is f**king up beyond belief. I called it prior to launch, search my posts. However, the system BRAND NEW is still selling for 15% premium on Ebay and the biggest problem has been people returning them due to technical issues. So that's where the oversupply inventory is coming from on top of partial leftover shipments, scalpers returning seald in box leftovers and other issues that occur in console distribution at launch (basically, there is ALWAYS more available than originally stated). If you think you can go to any random store and find brand new PS3s sitting on shelf, you are wrong, some stores, yes. But I'm sure every store has a "refurbished" one. Plus, Xbox been sitting on the shelfs for MONTHS, and it never had the demand (even if shortlived) like PS3 and Wii.

You wanna look at the console that is kicking ass, check out the Wii. Clearly the winner of the 3 at the moment, all while being the least capitalized, yet highest profit margin. Wii will beat the Xbox in sales this year if they can produce the supply fast enough, all while Xbox had over a 1 year lead time. So when idiot fanboys like blast19 start talking up superiority of the Xbox360, I can only laugh. Xbox was pretty much a one game console and it still remains a one genre console. Personally, I think PS2 had more quality games come out for it in the last year. Taking that pathetic excuse of a Next-gen launch out of the picture, Sony made more money on PS2 in the last year than Microsoft with the 360.
    It's really all about the capital edge, thats how MSFT stays a giant & a player nowdays. Bill Gates made clear statements about his goals with the Xbox project, it's not that he considers a lucrative field but a gateway to the living room entertainment. His ultimate vision is combining and dominating all media of the home with the PC platform, a one way portal. I already know fanboys like blast19 will buy whatever Microsoft/Xbox makes, and there many upon many dummies just like him.

P.S. Most gamers will get 2-3 consoles anyway, along with a handheld. Like I said, the competition is not what it was before.

#25     Jan 16, 2007
  6. blast19

blast19

I must say I didn't even read your post in entirety. More blather from you dummy.

You have no clue as to what you're talking about and you're wasting my time.

Keep on believing that you're a seer and predicted all this...go search your own posts, you seem to love trying to blow yourself.

blah blah blah...just shut up you little bitch.

Bill Gates is coming to steal your dreams....he's the boogeyman....haha, you're retarded.

#26     Jan 16, 2007
  7. kevinmr

kevinmr

I am not yet a Vista user but a friend of mine who works at a small company told me at a a Knicks game the other night that MS has done a very good job of integrating search into the UI and apps. He further said that as a company they have pretty much stopped using Google.

For what it is worth.

#27     Jan 16, 2007
  8. Looks like it is forming a bullflag on a 120 min chart, maybe even a 240 min chart.

#28     Jan 16, 2007
  9. Bowgett

Bowgett

I would be careful with it. MSFT reports earnings soon.

#29     Jan 16, 2007
  10. Yea, i saw the thread and then looked at the chart and saw the pattern forming.

#30     Jan 16, 2007