Haven't seen MSFT move like this in a loong time...

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by ang_99, Jan 14, 2007.

1. Tums

Tums

up 50% in 6 months !
    that's pretty good.

the hardware stock should follow soon -- this Vista is a power hog. This is a 64bit OS; NONE of the current hardware will run the full version of Vista efficiently. Anybody and everybody will need to replace their hardware in the next 2 years!

#11     Jan 14, 2007
  2. empee

empee

ok msft nuthuggers, MSFT days are past. While the chart is tasty (breakout from a multiyear base) it could go on a run. However, as a company they are spread too thin, they are unfocused, and one word that sums up MSFT's problems: ZUNE.

So, even tho it might rally, I think the longer-term prospects for anything more than big cap type growth is nill (yes, I know they are on a huge revenue base).

Even more exciting, =IF= a plausible alternative arrives to some sector of Windows/Office users, it will be look out below (since it will cause them to implode).

I don't think anyone will argue that Windows/Office is whats keeping them alive (since Zune/XBox/etc are a failure from a financial point).

The one bright spot is server tools.

I think that MSFT is overrated and while it might be good for a trade, I'm excited to see them implode since I think they have held back the computing revolution through their tactics.

I don't hate Microsoft, I just hate how bad their recent products are and how all they do is fast-follow (let others invent and then muscle/steal their cashflows).

So, I think longer-term MSFT is in big trouble. Its just not apparent yet.

More interesting will be to see after this QQQQ rally how much it pulls back, since index buying pumps MSFT. Plus they did a great stock buyback which removed alot of the sellers.

technically== bullish.

fundamentally == neutral/bearish bias.

#12     Jan 14, 2007
  3. blast19

blast19

Empee...Microsoft's goals are all long term...that's their genius, can outlast, out-muscle, almost any other company.

Zune and Xbox are both examples of that...they didn't think they'd stepup and ruin Playstation or the Ipod...are you joking? Their whole play is win over time...their innovation might be too narrow for someone like you who wants to see a harrowing change or creation...but their genius is innovation...no matter if its small. 5 years ago most people would have said the Xbox was a failure because it can't compete...but more people are buying it because of the multi-player capabilities and Xbox Live platform...over time and slowly Microsoft has the ability to beat the likes of Playstation and maybe even Ipod.

You act like Microsoft is stupid to think they can beat Zune and Xbox...wow genius, you think the largest software and arguably the most powerful technology company in the world didn't know that? You should call them and tell them immediately! Those fools, you can save them...haha. I think they thought about these things before...not sure you're stating anything that anyone doesn't know...perhaps you and Hydro both just like to hear yourselves whine?

Another thing...Microsoft has a huge dominance product-wise in other countries...their search is extremely popular and the world over needs/wants Microsoft products. With emerging markets obviously using internet and computers Microsoft's user base will only widen.

#13     Jan 14, 2007
  4. S2007S

S2007S

HA, I remember buying this stock around 24, everyone said it was headed lower, well it dropped about 1-2 bucks and rallied ever since. I ended up selling around 25 and change. Didn't hold onto it as it was just stuck in a trading range.

#14     Jan 14, 2007
  5. You're an ignoramus, it's in their Vista license agreement (or at least used to be), you know that booklet with size 4 font. When you use Vista, MSFT has rights to all your info while you use that system. Look it up, it was known years before. Spyware and adware are rampant because of how Windows was built in the first place (single source). It was also part of the government suit vs Microsoft, the fact that the Windows updates used to send user information to MSFT without the user knowing it or even agreeing to it. No longer true in XP, although suspect.
    MSFT's next move is into storing data for corporations and possibly residential users. Bill Gates may be one of the biggest piece of sh*ts ever, but the man is exceptionally smart and have always thought decades ahead. He has long recognized that data storage and maintenance is a route to dominate technologically. But Windows has had a very tough time getting into the market, cause, well, Windows is crap (Although I think many people are exaggerating the issues with XP) You know what, there is no point of me going into it, it's not like it's hard to find info on this from credible sources.
    And I have not mentioned Linux, Unix, Mac or OS2Warp ONCE, yet you still manage to label me under a category of heavy bias and irrational thinking. But that you mentioned it, when it comes to serious security & stability, the corporate choice has almost always been Unix or Linux. Personally, I was an avid Unix & DOS user, and while I'm fine with XP, it is the last MS operating system I will use.

You have NO IDEA of what you are talking about, try looking at some numbers before you state idiocy like this. Just because there are a bunch of 13-year old Halo freaks, does not mean Xbox revolutionized anything, Microsoft never has. As I have stated, and this was disclosed on an annual basis by MSFT's Xbox division, they sunk a sh*tload of money (talking about billions) into the project with little concern for economics but a governing goal of gaining entrance into the market AT ANY COST. It's like local contractors trying to compete with prison labor. In case my hints do not get through that thick skull, I am talking about monopolistic tactics that were utilized in the past by several well known oligarchs and monopolies.

The man has admitted in more than one interview that he is an paranoid egomaniac who always wants to be #1 and his biggest fear is that he will lose his current position. It's no secret. But hey, that's near impossible to prove to a Microsoft nuthugger who is scared of Open-end source software and thinks the endless issues of MS software are the norm cause they are the most advanced on the planet.
    I guess the US and EU monopoly trust suit prosecutors are looney bin cases also.

P.S. Work on your reading skills cause in case it was hard to tell, I was bullish on MSFT mainly on fundamental reasons (if you wanna call it that). Not because I think MSFT products are so great and innovative and revolutionary, far from it. But because most people think like you.

#15     Jan 14, 2007
  6. Hydro. Fanboyism won't get you anywhere around here. You will only end up losing money. MSFT is not this giant, air sucking, soul stealer you make it out to be. Do not compare MSFT to Sega(dreamcast) or any other company while you are at it. There is a big difference between the two. MSFT will gain even more ground on the PS3, which BTW is sitting in store shelves. MSFT will not give up on the Xbox and will do W/E it takes to see it succeed, so you can pray and wish all you want but MSFT is not going anywhere, it will outlast the competition.

#16     Jan 14, 2007
  7. We all love those Vistas.

*sike*

#18     Jan 15, 2007
  8. blast19

blast19

Did you just say that you don't really know anything about the license now? That I'm an ignoramus even though I'm not the one quoting outdated sources?! Are you joking me? Why don't you go look these things up instead of relying on past data that you're apparently not very sure of anyway?!?!!? You're a joke.

What's your point here? Not sure you're saying anything at all. You clearly use XP as you stated and supposedly will never use another MS OS, wow! Do you want an award? Do you want MS to call you begging for your business? Really, it's a really small paranoid population of idiots like you who use outdated information to blast Microsoft and pretend like they're the devil stew....get a life dummy. Why not go to Linux now!?!?!?!?!? NOW?!?!

READ ANY SINGLE REVIEW OR SUMMARY OF THE CONSOLE ONLINE COMMUNITY FOR MULTIPLAYER GAMING and you might, although you're pretty stupid, notice that everyone hails Xbox Live as the king. In today's gaming age, it's not only one of the most important aspects to most gamers, it will become even more dominant in the future. So what if they "sunk" a bunch of money? Do you think they didn't know they were going to be spending a lot? Are you joking? Do you think you're the first one to point out that Microsoft would have to spend $$$ to get into the gaming market and the Mp3 market? How stupid is that? Hey, what color is brown dirt? Most of us have no clue...please wise one, share your genius ability to see into the future with us!

Damn that Bill Gates for wanting to continue domination! Why can't he be more like Yahoo and bow down to the Googles of the world? Why can't he act more like American car companies and refuse to innovate only so the Japanese competition can gain a foothold? You're right...he should sit this one out and wait for everyone to catch up to him, that's a great idea. Your logic is befuddling...do you realize how stupid you sound for criticizing the world's wealthiest and most charitable man for not wanting to be anything less?! Do people like Warren Buffet give away most of their fortune to people like Bill Gates if they think they're twisted nutbags? I don't think so. How many fortunes have people given you lately?

You can be bullish on MSFT all you want...this is about the company, not the stock dummy. I don't need to work on my reading sklls "cause" they're fine. I can read that you have some vengeance against Bill Gates. I can comprehend that you're using outdated pre-XP licensing issues to determine that Microsoft is evil and that you'll never use another MS OS. And I'm totally able to comprehend that you're still very peeved about Bill Gates stealing your dreams with his ridiculously pricey dream stealing machine that he had made on his private island where he experiments on children and animals attempting to license their souls!!!!!! BWAHHHAHAHAAH

p.s. Get a life dude, you sound really pitiful having such a bent hatred against the world's most charitable man.

#19     Jan 15, 2007
  9. Yeah Im the fanboy who is bullish on MSFT, who already said that all 3 systems will probably do well, who has long recognized that Xbox has a place in the market because of the capital edge of Microsoft. Who also uses Windows XP, is relatively satisfied with it and thinks that many blew the problems with XP out of proportion (although I never do Windows updates and I modify the settings pretty extensively). MSFT will stay a giant because there are people like you and blast9 who are blind believers into Microsoft without a clue, only a closeminded & predictable attitude toward anyone who says otherwise and tries to shed some light on what MSFT is all about, in case the interviews with Bill Gates & with his close associates are too complicated for you to understand. Or maybe actually researching where the products MSFT makes actually come from, how they were acquired (and stolen), how competition was beaten, how major PC distributors were strong armed into restrictive agreements, or even why is it that BOTH the US and EU took action against MSFT, even though they really had little chance vs such a capitalized giant. Ever wonder how Netscape went from being an excellent internet browser to complete garbage from one version of Windows to the other, and was pretty much bankrupt shortly after? Ever wonder just how many lawsuits MSFT has against it and the fact that even all of them combined mean little at this point and they are nothing more than the cost of doing business with one hell of a f**king return.

Meanwhile you state idiocy like PS3 is sitting on the shelfs, completely oblivious to the fact that it was selling for $2000 on Ebay at launch and still selling for 15% premium even with that sh*tty game library. Next shipment of PS3 will sit on the shelf though, I will give you that much.
    Maybe you should search my posts from months ago and find where I even stated that Sony was making big mistakes with PS3 launch. You are right, I can't compare Dreamcast to Xbox, Dreamcast was a breakthough system for its time, it was amazing, had some of the best games. Dreamcast is still a classic, you would be surprised how much it fetches on the market even this day. But Sega, unlike Microsoft, did not even have the capital to support such a great system. Who would have thought that in this economic system capital can play such a key role? Yeah not just anyone can allow a project to run billions in the red and not even wink twice.

Do I go around advocating Linux and Macs? Do you think I am completely blind Linux fanboy who does not recognize the issues with Linux? Or do you just automatically place that label on me because I do not adhere to the mainstream opinion on Microsoft? So who is exactly is the fanboy?

You are talking to someone who was making more his last year of college than the kids who graduated the year prior because of the knowledge and expertise I have with Microsoft software. I may not be nearly as good as I used to be with Unix & Linux but I do know what it can do and that its potential is ages ahead of XP & Vista. Yes I do think it is superior to Windows, without a question, but its market penetration is very low and that gives it a lot of issues and is a concern of mine.
    Do I advocate that everyone throw out Windows and start using Linux? Of course not, cause most people get confused configuring their address books in Outlook, they just do not have what it takes after years & years of Windows products holding their hands and keeping it primitive.

And in case it was hard to figure out the first 3 times I said it, I AM ALSO BULLISH ON MSFT. No I do not intend to take a position, way too thick of a stock for me. Let's try to drop this, it's not like I want to convert anyone against Microsoft and start a revolution.

#20     Jan 15, 2007