Haven't bashed Obamacare in a while...

Discussion in 'Economics' started by riskaddict, May 8, 2013.

1. toc

toc

Why bash obamacare when it is so similar to romney care in Massachusetts.

Americans are hard working people and they deserve a free healthcare like that in Canada or UK or France. Medical costs are the main cause behind family bankruptcies in the US.

The private US healthcare is supposed to be top quality but at much higher costs. There is a middle ground somewhere for the benefit of all the parties. :D :cool:

#11     May 9, 2013
  2. heypa

heypa

Hey Tec. nothing is free!

#12     May 9, 2013
  3. cmb

cmb Guest

I'm not so sure that is true. It could be, But I dont not know.

the reason I believe that its not true is because if the government controlled the prices of medical care in this country, the prices would not be so expensive.
    I have lived in France for 6 years, their government DOES set the prices for everything. Doctors office visit: I only went 3 times in 6 years, and 2 of them were to get a medical certificate/physical. The Doc charged me 22 euros, and asked if I had social security, I said no...I will pay in cash its not a big deal. He told me that he was not able to charge more then 22 because that is what the rate that the Social security sets.

the one other time, I was about to come back to the states. I knew it was going to be too expensive at home, so I went to get all my bloodwork done. A whole round of tests for everything cost about 50 euros.

Here a standard Doctors visit is around 80 to 100 dollars. a MRI is 300 euros in france, here it costs over 1000 dollars. It really is a joke.

And then people say that stuff like that is expensive, how is it 30% less in france?

If the government controlled prices, medicare/medicaid would not be on the verge of collapse.

Thats why I highly doubt the government sets the prices for healthcare in this country

#13     May 10, 2013