"Have you made or lost money since you started trading?"

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by travis, Nov 18, 2003.

1. travis

travis

It matters, don't worry. If it bores you, ice, you can just avoid the thread. It's interesting, and it's interesting to read people's answers, and also to see the percentages of the poll. Think really hard about it, and you'll see why it could be interesting.

#11     Nov 18, 2003
  2. Cutten

Cutten

50/50, that's an interesting result.

#12     Nov 18, 2003
  3. Can you answer me with some logic? If you are realy
    this successful, what kind of weakness you have to
    pose about your profits for bunch of (most) losers in
    ET, where you can't either learn much from them?

Why don't you spend more time spending those money?

#13     Nov 18, 2003
  4. DenisH

DenisH

Must be some sort of record I wonder what the odds are of that.

It must be a perfect trading system that is all I can say, this must be the "Holy Grail"

Tell you what why don't you post your next 10 trades in real time, no need to give reasons or strategy and let us see what percentage of those are profitable.

#14     Nov 24, 2003
  5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Perhaps you ought to try a better question. The answer to yours is "yes".

#15     Nov 24, 2003
  6. travis

travis

Perhaps you should start reading more and writing less. Then you would notice the poll maybe.

#16     Nov 26, 2003
  7. You're such a smart-ass one-liner, phoenix, you'd be wasted as a stand-up comedian. Why don't you go into politics?

#17     Nov 26, 2003
  8. DTK

DTK

If you are offering to do that math, it may prove to be interesting. There is a pretty big difference between compounding 42 consecutive trades at 15% or greater and pulling of 42 trades starting with the same amount of money for each trade. Starting with 10k and 'just' 15%, the first would have you making over $3.5 mil. With 10k per position, the latter would have you making ~$63k with an undetermined amount of money to start.

Both are a nice place to be.

PS – Nice work on your site. The last time I saw it you were just getting into the web page thing and it looked like something I did back in high school. :p

#18     Nov 26, 2003
  9. YES. C U on Monday.

#19     Nov 26, 2003
  10. lindq

lindq

I was surprised to see that 50% of respondents have been losing money.

Sorry to say, but if a trader has been going long this market the past 12 months and has failed to make money, then he or she needs to SERIOUSLY consider a new line of work.

It doesn't get any better than this.

And for those of you who are mystified by Mr. Market's record, why is it so difficult for you to appreciate that buying good stocks in a strong market will make money, so long as you have some patience. If you are wrapped up in 1, 3 and 10 minute charts, get out of the trees and look at the forest. You are living in the noise while the world passes you by.

#20     Nov 26, 2003