"Have you made or lost money since you started trading?"

Discussion in 'Strategy Building' started by travis, Nov 18, 2003.

1. travis

travis

I want to ask the usual question of how many traders here have made money trading. It's very very simple, and there is no escape. It will be interesting how the system traders of the Elite Trader forum will answer it.

2. I have 42 consecutive profitable trades of 15% or better....do you need me to do the math for you??

3. travis

travis

42 consecutive trades that were profitable...good. But overall, did you lose or make money? That's the poll. Answer the poll.

4. CalTrader

CalTrader Guest

No offense but people that trade successfully have many many profitable trades. The number of consecutive trades or percentage winners is irrelevant: Trading a million dollar account and trading a 25K account will utilize different trading strategies. The thing that matters is how long you have been profitable, how consistently profitable you have been, and most importantly how much you pulled out of the markets given your capital. If you are averaging 15% weekly on a 25K account then I would be somewhat impressed but if you were achieving this on a large trading account I would be more impressed - since you would be making decent money.

5. I have made a great deal of money trading. I hope this answers your questions.

6. travis

travis

Then you are in that 33% of traders who stole my money. You're welcome.

7. Hang in there, I'm sure I'll give some of it back to you.

8. yup, that's right, i said, MADE MONEY.:eek::p

9. curious... why is it important to you what others accomplish? It would seem the only important statistic is YOUR success or failure as a trader!

Just wondering why the curiosity that I see so often on ET. It seems like not a week goes by without some guy starting some forum about this or a similar subject.

Does it make some guys feel better to know what others do or don't do..... kinda of like "misery loves company", etc.?

Regards,

iCe
    :cool:

p.s. how are YOU doing trading, bro travis

10. HaHa! Congrats 'ol buddy .. I knew you'd do it! :cool:

Put ME down as MADE MONEY too! :cool:

#10     Nov 18, 2003