Have you lived or are you just living ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gcapman, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Gcapman

Gcapman

I just want to make my parents truly proud of me before their time is up......

Being a good son is tougher than being a good trader..... :(

#21     Mar 20, 2010
  2. Yeah, Tobermory is also a beautiful place. A lot of beautiful sceneries that would make you forget about all the stress. I don't know why I never wanted to go to that place until now.

Snorkeling would be more difficult, especially that I am not a good swimmer, but I wanted to enjoy both the underwater and the above water sceneries, so I'll probably give snorkeling a try when I get there. I'll tie a lifesaver to myself just in case (risk management!) :D

#22     Mar 20, 2010
  3. Well, I pretty much given up in making my parents proud of me. I know I could never meet their ever rising expectation.

What I do is spend more time with them, and keep my mouth shut. Especially when they are venting about their lives; I'd just stare sincerely into their eyes and nod no matter how many times they have told me about it before.

PA

#23     Mar 20, 2010
  4. Gcapman

Gcapman

Only way to truly live is to have faced death....or near death

Just like the only way to truly succeed is to have failed utterly miserably.....

Suffering is the first step to realizing your life's ambitions

Only those who are truly destined to be great know what I am talking about

#24     Mar 21, 2010
  5. live some more :D

#25     Mar 21, 2010
  6. Near-death? That's kind of scary. What if you survived, but became a handicap?

Is knowing that you "have lived" really worth it?

#26     Mar 21, 2010
  7. everyone goes off trying to "find themselves" like a goddamn fool when they were right there all along :D

#27     Mar 21, 2010
  8. nonsense

#28     Mar 21, 2010
  9. BS. they may wake you up for a short time but you'll go back to your old ways just as quickly :D

#29     Mar 21, 2010
  10. Gcapman

Gcapman

That is precisely why not everyone can be a truly successful person (I'm speaking monetary terms only right now --- spiritual success is a completely different story.........)

Some people burn their hands touching the open fire.......and keep burning themselves.....

It's the ones who burn themselves real badly, learn their lessons and create a way to profit on utilizing that very same open fire that wounded them previously....

This is not something everyone is capable of doing.....

#30     Mar 21, 2010