Have you lived or are you just living ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Gcapman, Mar 19, 2010.

1. Did you check out any lighthouses, like around Point Reyes or Bonita Point in Marin? Something about lighthouses that evokes
    a mystery. Like being a keeper would be cool. We drove along highway 1 to LA but just from SF. I'm getting tired of driving vacations though. I think staying put somewhere is what I'm going do more.

#11     Mar 19, 2010
  2. .
    DONE

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

TO DO

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

#12     Mar 19, 2010
  3. To do soon:
    <object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eX40jSxLdU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eX40jSxLdU8&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

#13     Mar 19, 2010
  4. I can't tell if you dove before or its for the first time. Also thought at the videos beginning you were going to just snorkel. Scuba
    is effortless once you've acheived neutral bouyancy by adding air to your vest from your tank and emptying it if you overfill. I've dove w/70 year olds and 12 year olds. Its something everybodys got to do though its been years for me.

#14     Mar 20, 2010
  5. Sorry to mislead. That is not me. That's just a video I found on Youtube. :)

Tobermory is pretty close to where I live, so I will go there this summer. Gonna try snorkeling. I heard that it's quite difficult, because you have to breath in through you mouth and breath out through your nose. It's very unnatural.

#15     Mar 20, 2010
  6. Actually scuba might just be easier because of the effortlessness
    acheiving neutral buoyancy gives you. With snorkeling you have to swim or sink, with scuba you can just float. Its the vest.

#16     Mar 20, 2010
  7. Just looked up Tobermory. The fresh water scuba diving capital of the world. Again, with snorkel you've got to be a pretty good swimmer to stay afloat esp in saltless water. If you're not then its back to shore all the time or the boat to rest. Its not the actual breathing thats hard, its keeping the tube out of the water.

#17     Mar 20, 2010
  8. To really live, you must be pressured ,
    until you have been tested and pressured, you have not lived yet.

Just viewing mountains is not pressure, but climbing one could be,
    Just watching Money made in the market boom is not pressure, but making money in the market boom is.
    Just watching the olympics is not pressure, but winning the gold in the olympics is.

#18     Mar 20, 2010
  9. a couple of weekends ago i drove my car very fast up a twisty mountain road with no guardrails. the only thing between me and a 400 foot drop was air. so does that count as living?

#19     Mar 20, 2010
  10. Its enough living that you bothered to mention it , yes

#20     Mar 20, 2010