Have you had COVID-19 ?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by OptionsOptionsOptions, Aug 12, 2020.

Have you had COVID-19

1. Yes - I have had COVID-19

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  2. No - I have never had COVID-19

11 vote(s)
    91.7%
    • Have you had COVID-19?
    • Yes or No.

1. Nobert

Nobert

I had flu symptoms 3 times in the last 4 moths. Many people that i know too. Noone went for the test. The data on infection amount is so, - distorted.

2. gaussian

gaussian

Probably. I had a pretty bad flu earlier in the year. It wasn't unusual and had normal flu symptoms including an awful cough. The worst of it was over in 3-4 days. I never got tested because testing times are 7-14 days and I was already sick, if I was going to die from it I wasn't going to live long enough to find out the answer. It seemed pointless to get tested. Additionally I get flu shots every year so its HIGHLY unusual to be that sick from the regular flu.

Many people I know had similar symptoms between January-April. No one went for a test because getting a test is pointless. Given this small sample size it suggests the number of cases is significantly higher and the current number of deaths is vastly overstated relative to confirmed infections. But hey, whatever sells panic right?

3. Overnight

Overnight

Between January and April there was no testing availability! It had to be all saved for the frontline workers! The NIH said to just stay home and rest! Nobody knew the shitstorm the media was developing for us.

4. gaussian

gaussian

In march there were some tests here but you needed the worst symptoms. If you showed up with a fever and a cough you'd be sent home. If you looked like you needed oxygen you could get tested. Lines for "rapid" (i.e. 14 day tests) were 2 miles long so I decided against it. Probably the most business Walgreens has ever seen.

As for frontline workers my friends who are nurses had similar problems. There was no expedited process for them. If they weren't about to die they were either on the floor working or sent home. To this day in my town nurses can't get tested without presenting symptoms. They don't even allow you to quarantine unless you spike a fever.

And yeah...the media....you'd think COVID was Marburg but capable of spreading by looking at someone.

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Apparently, there should be a maybe option in the vote.

6. Codrin

Codrin

No.

7. I'll put myself as a strong maybe. Covid first documented cases in US were end of January. I was traveling out west during that time, Phoenix area to be specific. On January 29 I flew back to Chicago. Two days later I very suddenly became very ill with fever, sore throat, mild but persistent cough and some serious body aches. This lasted about 5 days, with days 1 thru 3 being the worst. Symptoms left but fatigue and overall loss of strength stayed a good 3 to 4 weeks. That was the one thing I had never experienced before, the lingering weakness which is supposed to be common among people who have had Covid.

8. Pekelo

Pekelo

This thread isn't getting much traction, so let's make it at least educative:

If you think you got exposed, start taking Zinc and vit D. (actually, take them until vaccine is available) If symptoms show, take more of them, and add Quercetin and EGCG.

9. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I've been taking zinc and D and C for a long, long time now. I've been around people who were COVID +, and around folks that were sick and I've not gotten sick since I started taking that regimen. Coincidence? Maybe. But so far it appears to be working.

#10     Sep 10, 2020