Have you ever TRADED IN YOUR SLEEP?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by raszorz, Apr 25, 2003.

1. Sounds like you're getting more confident. If you're short a large position, and the stock opens lower, you've lucked out.

Sometimes the subconscious really can work out solutions in dreams that we can't manage to work out with our conscious brain. The genius can access that kind of thought consciously. Geniuses often get solutions to some problems through their dreams after working on them for a long time.

#11     Apr 26, 2003
  2. raszorz

raszorz Guest

There's a famous genius who said that his best ideas came when he wasn't consciously solving the problem

#12     Apr 26, 2003
  3. nitro

nitro

No

nitro

#13     Apr 26, 2003
  4. What's wrong with us? I had a dream last night I was long 10,000 Apple June 2015 Calls and I am arguing on the phone with my brokerage "June AAPL Options are Expired!" They said "we can just roll them over to next June for a small fee!"

The Nasdaq Level 2 or Super Montage was weird in my dream, all you had to do was touch the screen and get filled at prices below the Market and sell above the Market, it was a freaky dream.

To people here with psychology backgrounds, what does this mean when we dream almost every-night about Markets and not orgies or hot women like Katy Perry (for female traders you can have your pick of who rocks your World :) ). I have a dream about four times a month where I am stuck in a position and I can't get out, there's a telegraph machine and Jesse Livermore is standing in the background telling me to sell my stock before the big earthquake hits California and I am stuck with worthless shares. How weird did your dreams get, it's crazy when your Broker or Market Maker walks out of your monitors to have lunch with you. I know, my dreams are total nuts!

Telegraphs and computers are mixed plus someone has a cellphone, this must be a tweaked time line of when Livermore was a kid yet we have cellphones and computers too, our brains are incredible machines and subconsciously we are exposed I think, a psyche major might help?

#14     Aug 17, 2015
  5. Tavurth

Tavurth

It's interesting to wake up in the middle of the night and check on a large position. My trading sees no detriment from that half-conscious state.
    When I've been especially active in a market, I'll sometimes feel how the market is rotating, even though I'm away from my screens.

My dreams are a good deal more bizarre than market fractals.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2015
    #15     Aug 18, 2015
    JesseJamesFinn likes this.
  6. LOL, i liked that:p

#16     Aug 18, 2015
    JesseJamesFinn likes this.