Have you ever TRADED IN YOUR SLEEP?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by raszorz, Apr 25, 2003.

1. raszorz

raszorz Guest

Have you ever TRADED IN YOUR SLEEP?

lawrence-lugar likes this.
  2. When I first started trading, I was sleeping and kept on yelling out "Half bid!, Half bid." My wife tried to get me to stop, but I wasn't listening. I then screamed, "Ok five eigths bid, five eigths bid for the fifty calls!" Again my wife poked me trying to get me to stop. Again I kept on yelling. Finally my wife figured out how to stop me. The next time I yelled out a bid, my wife yelled back, "Sold" I did not scream trading dreams again.

Tavurth and i960 like this.
  3. raszorz

raszorz Guest

sometimes i'd play out strategies in my sleep

4. lescor

lescor

When your mind is wrapped up in something all day long, it's sometimes hard to turn it off and I dream about trading quite a bit, usually after I've spent all day and all night working on a strategy or something.

You know how many people have dreams where things are going really bad and you have no control, usually in front of a group of strangers? I had a trading dream last night where I was rushing to get ready for the open and I wasn't ready when the bell went off. Then all my monitors were fuzzy and I couldn't read the charts, my squawk box wasn't working, I had used someone else's opening order spreadsheet and was in all these stocks that I didn't know and I was down $750 in the first minute. And there was someone there to watch me that day.

True story, I swear. Luckily it wasn't a premonition.

MoreLeverage likes this.
  5. MRWSM

MRWSM

This thread reminds me of a dream I had in 2000. Major crash occured and the Nasdaq was dropping like a rock. CNBC guys screaming when the Nasdaq went under 100. It was so volatile down there that you can barely see the numbers. As I was scrambling to put in a buy, I woke up.:p

6. funky

funky

lol!!!! that was funny :)

7. Discipline, that cracks me up...

I've only been trading for a few months, but trading has just recently entered my dreams on a nightly basis. I wake up with strange abstractions of strategies in mind, but haven't yet been able to get them on paper before they're gone. I would love to remember one and harness it though, to see if it's just ridiculous dream logic, or a real idea. It always feels like I was on to something incredible...

8. When I started trading, I would have this dream that I accidently had purchased this huge overnight position, and wasn't aware of it, so I would come in the morning and have my prop. firm supervisor yell at me (I had this dream like 5-6 times)

2 years later I started regularly (at least once every other month) getting this new dream that I'm short 20-30000 shares of some stock premarket and it's getting halted and opens 10 points lower

any Zigmunds out there can tell me what this might mean?

9. :eek:

Certainly...

10. Never: I always "dream" my strategies awake :D

#10     Apr 26, 2003