Have you ever felt when someone is behind you and supporting you

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 29, 2006.

1. #31     Dec 30, 2006
  2. I never feel invincible, but I always feel that no matter what happens things will always work out for the best. I have gone through my entire life feeling lucky.

#32     Dec 30, 2006
  3. Wifey asked me to post this

#33     Dec 30, 2006
  4. No, no, no. Its not ok for men to cry and here is why.

I watched this movie U-571 with Bon Jovi a while back where he is the first mate of a World War II sub and was complaining to the Captain about a bad performance review. The Captain replied back in a fancy way that he was not material to lead a submarine.

Later on in the movie, Bon Jovi is thrust into the Captains position in which he became confused and emotional in front of the crew stating that he didnt know what to do. The chief of the boat later sets him aside telling him that the Captain always has to know what to do even if he really doesnt know. You never say in front of the crew "I dont know".

Then we see Bon Jovi throughout the film becoming a true Captain. When an enlisted man questions his authority, he punches that man in the face. When another enlisted man seems afraid and uncertain to do a dangerous job, Bon Jovi insists even though it means certain death for the sailor.

You may not be the Captain of a submarine during a war, but you are the Captain of something. It may be a trade station during market hours or whatever else. When you are the Captain, you must know whats going on and never show emotion. If something isnt right, you correct it. In the face of a horrible situation, you do not show emotion or indecision in front of the troops. You must appear confident at all times.

Crying? I say there is no place for it when you are the Captain. As I said before in the lone soldier example. The buck stops with the Captain and if the Captain breaks down then all is lost.

#34     Dec 30, 2006
  5. When your competing with God...climbing the mountains and scaling the cliffs...in the end...you WILL cry...

When your young and cannot die and when you are taking over the world....it is hard to see through the stains...

Michael B.

#35     Dec 30, 2006
  6. There is no competition with God. You only rely on Him.

#36     Dec 31, 2006
  7. Poor doggy, how did he lose hist left eye?

#37     Dec 31, 2006
  8. hehe...its there...new camera and I must have taken a bad picture...I am still getting used to it...The camera is very small and I am glad when it processes it removes the "shake"...

#38     Dec 31, 2006