Have you ever felt when someone is behind you and supporting you

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 29, 2006.

1. pc..Thanks for getting the satire...your special...

#21     Dec 29, 2006
  2. Yes..and no matter how rich in material you become, there will always be those rough times...

#22     Dec 29, 2006
  3. This screenshot below is Hogan

#23     Dec 29, 2006
  4. That's a cool dog!

Well, cheers to ya matey ... I'm out for the weekend. A very Happy New Year's wishes to ya!

#24     Dec 29, 2006
  5. Well Hogan is awesome that's for sure. I have a big ass Rhodie named Clyde I don't know computers enough to stick his picture here but he WAS my everything until my little Boy showed up on the scene. It's funny you never saw a bigger superstar on the streets of NY- Clyde gets stopped everywhere. I'll be standing there dressed nice, my wife is a dark haired beauty- my son the cutest little guy you could imagine and who gets all the attention- Clyde. His furry ego is so large by now. Everytime he hears the words beautiful, handsome or cute he thinks he's being talked about. And he's right.
    He is over 100 pounds and lies all over me in the bed. Alone with me, he kicks the crap out of me- but out in the dog world he's real Beta. Sort of a Carry Grant type he's rippling with muscles, his chest is literally bursting through his skin but he runs away from any trouble. When a homeless guy or someone he's not sure about comes around us he just sort of stands between the baby and the guy, he'll let himself get petted by unfamiliar hands but he's NOT moving that's for sure. I often wonder what would happen if someone attacked my wife when he was around or broke into the apartment, I think something would flip inside and that person might be VERY sorry. But I'm not sure.
    Don't get me wrong Clyde can be very annoying- he pulls like hell in the streets, likes to lick piss, will bark you off the computer now and then but for almost seven years my life has revolved around him. He can't be crated- too crazy, only one person we know can watch him, consequently I hardly ever go away. Tuesday I am off for 5 days of drinking and I hope sun worship and my thoughts will be with my furry friend every minute of the day. It's true what they say about a boy and his dog even an old boy like me.
    I too have a wife of 20 some odd years. Well we've been shacking up for that long- since our college days -I think we've been officially married only 12 and surprisingly she get's pretty damn jealous of any time I put into the computer and researching. This can lead to some uncomfortable moments now that my office has been shrunk down to the morning breakfast table. Any noise she commits in the kitchen before the market opens gets me crazy. She JUST HAS to empty that freakin' dishwasher when I'm knee deep into putting in trades. I'm considering taking stonedinvesting into an office environment next year. But then it's time away from the house which I don't like either. Is there any better feeling than placing a few trades that are working and then laying back on the bed and watching silly MTV shows as the money rolls in! I almost feel guilty people work.
    It's interesting Michael your take on work. I think there is a certain pride & comfort in working for someone else- THAT YOU ADMIRE. It's been so damn long for me I've forgotten the feeling. And to make good money and be able to come in when you want and do your trading on the side- well no wonder you are feeling invincible. I must say the insular life of me breeds to many irrational fears. I call it worst case scenario thinking- but whenever anything happens in life my mind races to the worst possible case. If the dog yelps when taking a crap he's " blocked " or has
    " ass cancer " etc.
    My little guy has started pre k this year and the amount of vicious colds he has received and spread to my wife and myself has me on the defensive as well. He's been on antibiotics three times since Sept and that's not good for the immune system of a 3 year old.
    My Mother has always been extremely critical of me but who could blame her? My trajectory in life has been a strange one.
    The last time I really felt invincible was playing football in high school. > Ben

#25     Dec 30, 2006
  6. Ben,

I keep an old three ring binder and put posts in it for inspriration. I read it during my times of depression.

I have printed your post above and put it in there as my latest addition.

I delete the names, as it is not important....it is the message that is important to me. You captured much of what I did not say.

Thank you,

StonedInvestedReader
    Michael B.

#26     Dec 30, 2006
  7. It is amazing how close you can get to a pet. I lost my bulldog of 12 years a couple of years ago and I was a little suprised at how hard it was to get over it. It was like losing member of the family. I swore I would never go through that again but last Christmas I decided to get another dog and Im glad that I did as it has been a great addition to the family. I guess a few weeks of grief is the price you pay for a few years of joy.

#27     Dec 30, 2006
  8. No matter what happens in your trading future it appears you have already won at the game of life.

#28     Dec 30, 2006
  9. yeah..if they only lived longer. I have my hands full with this Alpha male....I could not bring myself to neuter him.

he is like me...he does not look for trouble. Little dogs can jump him and literally hang from his lips by their teeth and he just shakes them off....he would never harm them.

big punks who try to pick a fight with him, learn that they cannot hurt him and he takes it ...he only wants to play and when they stare him down, he never looks away first. My Hogan is a lover, but do not hurt him physically...as it can get real bad. ohh and when he walks Wifey, I never need to worry about her.

Other dogs that are strong in their mentality like him, he is best of friends with...He would get along great with Stoney's Rhodesian or your Bulldog...I think those boys would be three of the neighborhoods party animals, while your Bulldog was alive!

Runnin'WithThePackSavant
    Michael B.

#29     Dec 30, 2006
  10. Invincible!

#30     Dec 30, 2006