Have you ever felt when someone is behind you and supporting you

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by ElectricSavant, Dec 29, 2006.

1. That you are invincible...???

For some of you it may be your Wifey....or your friend...or your employer...or your prop shop manager.....etc...

This thread is to say Thank You...

For me it is my day job employer. He does not read this site and has no idea it exists. But it matters to me that I thank him here. He has helped me to build my confidence and to be steadfast.

Also Wifey, who has been a support to me for 20 years and has lived with me, most of those hours... She is a most virtuous woman, who has given me herself, as a helpmate to me. I truly love her and will spend my time with her for eternity.

Michael B.

2. Yes, I feel invincible at times. I will briefly tell you why:

I'm only 20 and one half years old, but I have been living on my own, and supporting myself since I was about 18.5 (wow, over 2 years now). My parents, despite them being the reason that I moved out (just before I was 18 actually), have been very supportive of me, and they make me feel invincible. I am sincerely thankful for their position in my life.

:) Cheers mate

3. I do not feel invincible and I would like to thank life and living and all the people I have met for teaching me to watch my back and cover my ass.

4. Invincible
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Jump to: navigation, search
    Look up Invincible in
    Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

In general, the term invincible refers to the state of being impervious to all methods of harm (especially when used in video games; see Starman). This includes but is not limited to being run over by large objects, falling in toxic or otherwise dangerous substances, and falling from ludicrous heights. This concept is separate from immortality, which usually only entails protection against natural death.

Some holy relics such as the Ark of the Covenant and Spear of Destiny were believed to grant armies carrying them in battle complete invincibility. The Nazi Third Reich was a particularly notable believer in this claim. However, the fact that these items have been lost or have questionable authenticity, respectively, cannot help that claim.

5. I don't think the OP meant that he literally felt invincible, although for short periods of time, sometimes you just feel great about life, and have a certain level of confidence going forward that things will be A-ok.

That said, I am most certainly as you describe ... very careful to watch my ass. In fact, it bothers me a lot how often people tend to blow off very obvious warning signs and end up getting screwed. I would to some extent consider myself "paranoid," especially with my background in network and software security. Hearing stories about identity theft doesn't help either, for example.

6. Well I do feel invincible at times, usually right after a couple of shots of Jack D.:)

7. Well put..Cheers :)

8. Yeah... everybody is "on the take", but I am talking about the real people in your life...

9. lol...well...ummm..yes...then there is the morning...I think it is better to stop short of taking over the world :)

10. Considering I can get real negative...before I met my boss, I actually might have been bitter...So for me I have improved over a three year time period...

Now...I got to stay hungry after some success and I am trying to "keep the drive"... but i am soul searching for the right reasons rather than to lie to myself...

My boss has been a true blue mentor to me...about life...he has taught me a lot..You know it is hard to allow somebody to be your boss, after being independent so long...I have the deal of the century working as an independent contractor for his company...I make 6 figures now and can work when I please...the more I work...the more i make...it is up to me....My first love is trading and ET... so I spend a lot of my time here...Wifey says that I should go where the money is and I tell her I am investing in trading...

I don't think the OP meant that he literally felt invincible, although for short periods of time, sometimes you just feel great about life, and have a certain level of confidence going forward that things will be A-ok.

#10     Dec 29, 2006