Have you ever been threatened by Interactive Brokers ? Yes, we did

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by mike-claire, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. saschabr,

IB never suffered a loss from us. On the contrary, we suffered losses from them when their system was down and it happened more than once. These are the facts, but as always, brokers bear no responsibility, never, except when the SEC washes the dirty "lingerie" of big brokers such as Merrilly Linch and S.S.B. I am laughing when I see that your "democracy" is based on big CHEETS

#41     May 6, 2002
  2. go try that crap with ANY broker then come back and tell us how you got your peepee whacked again. LOL!

i'll bet IB will be glad to see you go, you sound like a cowboy. :-/

#42     May 6, 2002
  3. perr

perr

OK OK Mike and Claire lets go to WAR !!!

Let's see who can make the most " Money".

It's just about money Mike just ask your wife.:D

#43     May 6, 2002
  4. FasterPussycat,

cowboys have never existed here in Europe, except in your Far West. But this is were you come from, don't you?

#44     May 6, 2002
  5. Well,

I am wasting my precious time with you guys. IT does not matter.

ADIEU

#45     May 6, 2002
  6. Let's see if I have all the facts: You increased your limits, IB let you do it (their fault) they called you up twice (rather than autoliquidating and locking your account) and told you to liquidate (you say threatened). How did they threaten you? Did they poke you with cushions and make you sit in the comfy chair? Your position was a loser so you blame it on the broker for not letting you hold on longer to hopefully make a profit when you are trading over your limits and their capital is on the line? It is legal (because you agreed to it) fair, because you agreed to it and respectful because they didn't just autoliquidate, but let you have a chance to get out (called twice in fact). Go ahead and complain. The SEC will just laugh at you.

#46     May 6, 2002
  7. mike-claire,

Face it, you are WRONG!

You violated your broker's margin requirements.

Your broker was kind enough to call you. Most would have closed you out immediately.

You came on this board and cried like the little baby that you are.

You insulted all Americans.

And then you resort to your native language to continue your insults.

You have lost all respect.

I will accept nothing less than your personal apology to me, your personal apology to the EliteTrader community, and your personal apology to all Americans!

#47     May 6, 2002
  8. TriPack,

they phoned and they THREATENED to close the position immediately. They did not give us the time to close it how we wanted. And we were right at the end of the day. It would have never happended with a European broker, since Europeans are UNDERSTANDING...

#48     May 6, 2002
  9. No it isn't sane. They have a serious controls issue in their software if you were able to get away with that.

The nationalism or rather continentalism in the other reply is just humorous though.

#49     May 6, 2002
  10. mike-claire:

Sorry you lost money on a trade that would ultimately have been profitable, but...

"the margin does not matter"

Of course it does, otherwise all brokers would have gone bankrupt by now.

"We did not have the maintenance requirement. That's all."
    Then why speculate in this manner and why blame the broker?

"However, our position was positive and we never caused the slightest problem to IB before. "

Then you sound like you actually made money on the trade?

"We would have closed the position by 22:00 as we always did."
    IB's computers can't babysit a HIGH RISK position.

IB's job is to manage THEIR risk. It's your job to manage YOURS.

Listen, you found a loophole in the software which you thought you could exploit. Good for you for trying. But you still cant blame the broker for being overleveraged to the point of having all your position yanked away.

So you lost money today. Hey me too!

Lets have drink. Tommorrow will arrive soon.

#50     May 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.