Have you ever been threatened by Interactive Brokers ? Yes, we did

Discussion in 'Retail Brokers' started by mike-claire, May 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So your margin transgression and its subsequent enforcement was a politically and culturally biased event. Now I have heard everything. You sound like a Le Pennonite.

The responses from the Americans to you said that you should not be trading other people's money without thier permission, and I bet the other 299,999,998 members of the EU agree with this.

#21     May 6, 2002
  2. PKJR

PKJR

You do not like IB - find French company and do not blame US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This thread needs to be closed!

#22     May 6, 2002
  3. mike--claire:

Perhaps if you give additional details of your transaction one can make a more informed decision...

How much NET equity did you have in your account?

What is the value of those 30 contracts?

How much would the required margin normally be per IB rules and how far short of it were you?

Thanks for your answer.

IndexTrader

#23     May 6, 2002
  4. nuton

nuton

I've gotten away with a couple of things with IB and with Etrade, but I knew I was wrong, so I considered myself lucky those couple of times.

I did not expect to be able to do it all the time.

#24     May 6, 2002
  5. LET'S FACE THE FACTS:

None of you replied to my questions. Who is the arrogant, not to say the blind or the ignorant? What is IB responsibility concerning their bugged system? How is it possible that I can do this edging? They knew it before, why they did not inform me before the trade? Otherwise, I would have not complained.

#25     May 6, 2002
  6. mike-claire

I'm going to unilaterallly and arrogantly impose my colonial ideas, culture, economy and vocal power, right here, right now.

F U

#26     May 6, 2002
  7. perr

perr

Hi Mike, I am, Italian and my wife is French too, hey were lucky!

Htrader is telling you right.

We do it right out here, or we just don't it .

Mike-Claire IB is being nice.

#27     May 6, 2002
  8. Bon d'abord sans "l'Empire americain" tu serais toujours avec Selftrade OK? lol "Edging?" What were you hedging? First off you have to be nuts to exceed your trading limits. Now what is concerning is that apparently IB will let you enter orders that exceed your limits . But if that happened to me inadvertently I would immediately reduce the position.

#28     May 6, 2002
  9. BullFighter,

you do not even deserve an answer. I have replying to a mirror when I see this kind of posts

#29     May 6, 2002
  10. BullFighter,

you do not even deserve an answer. I have the feeling of replying to a mirror when I see this kind of posts

#30     May 6, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.