Have we evolved at all technologically these last decades?

Discussion in 'Economics' started by Debaser82, Mar 18, 2011.

1. S2007S

S2007S

Have to agree, trillions of dollars have been going into research and new technologies over the last 20-30 years and all they can come up with is helicopters dropping water....

Not only that but cannons shooting water as well into these reactors, this is 2011 not 1972!!!!!!

#11     Mar 19, 2011
  2. Technological progress has been tremendous. It is the MBA schools that cause the problems. Japanese nuclear facilities were made with profit maximization in mind. Close to the shores and to populated areas s to minimize energy deliver and cooling cost.

In technology there is something called the "safety factor". It’s value its inversely proportional to project cost. Remember that when fly-by-wire planes start go down in dozens because of some EMI penetrating the atmosphere. The decision to replace hydraulic controls of surface areas in commercial planes may not be a good idea for reducing weight and cost.

#12     Mar 19, 2011
  3. #13     Mar 19, 2011
  4. Competition breeds hatred.

#14     Mar 19, 2011
  5. Hatred breeds suffering.

#15     Mar 22, 2011
  6. Not any more of a joke than having the best military on earth yet on September 11, 2001 a small number of towel heads (legally here courtesy of our Department of Immigration), succeeded in attacking through the airspace unscathed (until they died by their own hand). How many lives did they take? How many other lives did they impact?

And Bush flies to Omaha to hide. Ditto for Cheney.

All in all, a sad joke.

I can think of other jokes. I know an Air Force colonel, who never saw any combat, retired in 1973 (after 20 years) and has been drawing a generous pension ever since. Eh..........that's 38 years of joke. Nope, that doesn't have anything to do with technology. Doesn't have anything to do with "freedom" either.

Katrina wasn't handled too well either. FEMA. Eh........that involves a little technology, or perhaps the lack of it.

Same vicinity, the BP oil spill..................

#16     Mar 22, 2011
  7. Eight

Eight

I thought it was just me! Much better research in health, subtle energies, etc, is coming out of Russia. They have machines that diagnose, heal, etc. and you can be arrested for using them in the US. People buy them and have to form private clubs and have an attorney write up documents just if they want to share them with friends...

#17     Mar 23, 2011
  8. americans' attacks of stupidity are endless.

americans are good at marketing and child molesting. there are no other products currently available from the United States of America.

#18     Mar 23, 2011
  9. dude its 2011. i thought we'll be outta the milkway galaxy by now...
    but im still eating @ mcD's....

#19     Mar 23, 2011
  10. "health"?

The last major affilction that was "cured" was Polio in 1954. And..............that's a preventive vaccine rather than a medicine.

The AMA is one strong lobby.

#20     Mar 23, 2011