have u traded eur.usd future?

Discussion in 'Index Futures' started by Mdtbyk, Aug 31, 2017.

1. Mdtbyk

Mdtbyk

hi
    i was thinking to trade the future contract of eur.usd has any one used the options to the actual contract?

2. I see no advantage of the futures contract over the cash.

3. Mdtbyk

Mdtbyk

isn't the margin less? and what about the options?

4. MrMuppet

MrMuppet

What about counterparty risk?

Robert Morse likes this.
  5. 1. your not trading against your broker where they can see your server placed stops(even if they arent using it which they have all the data needed to predict most of their customers actions and know how much risk they have to unload via removing liquidity to push weaker players out.
    2. could be cheaper 1 mini lot(i think its a mini $1.25/pip) my broker(tradovate charges 0.52/round trip) so a regular lot would cost you $5.20/round trip
    3. you have a central order book

6. I traded but I cant use my current tight stop strategy because of the low liquidity(best trading time is from 3am-10:30am sometimes longer) so I am testing another strategy for M6E(e-mini eur/usd). In America retail cash is a Dealing desk(aka market makers ie the broker is your counter part to your trades). Granted during low liquidity times your probably trading against 1 or 2 market makers but either way if you dont have a good strategy it doesnt matter who you go with. I think they are cheaper to typically you have a tick spread in futures in cash its depends

1. The spreads are wider by quite a bit in the futures
    2. The bid on the futures is 1.18 x 1.19. The spread is 1.18 x 1.19 on the cash (the cash is always tighter but for demonstration purposes let's assume they are equal). I don't care who is on the other side.
    3. If you know how to program, you can build your own aggregated book and route accordingly.
    The one problem I admit with the cash is that if you don't have a large account, you are stuck with shit API like MT4. Therefore, no market orders.

7. The spread in /M6e is 1 tick in the eur and us sessions. Currently Austrian session it's 2 ticks The reason i care who is on the other side of the trade is that you don't have more money than them and you will always say uncle before they have to liquidate especially when they have all the statistics from who is long and short via their current exposure. But you have a good grasp on what the fair price is it doesn't matter because they won't stray to far from the fair price. In us cash there is only 1 route to my knowledge and that depends on what broker your using if your with Oanda your route is Oanda and FXCM it's FXCM.

comagnum likes this.
  8. Robert Morse

Robert Morse Sponsor

Not a busy time of the day.

upload_2017-8-31_19-14-36.png

9. comagnum

comagnum

I see no advantage of the futures contract over the cash.

As one who trades both the reasons I sometimes use Fx is for the much larger liquidity, ability to put on smaller size (I always scale in), and having more currencies to trade. Using both futures & Fx gives more flexibility. If you use a regulated Fx broker with a clean regulatory record your just as well off. The thievery is not just in Fx - It happens on the futures market as well.
    FX_Size.PNG

Last edited: Aug 31, 2017
    #10     Aug 31, 2017