Have the system - need the capital ! Looking for a fund or job

Discussion in 'Hook Up' started by leeb, May 1, 2008.

1. leeb

leeb

hi Silvermotion, I have looked at wealthlab many times, there is no way you will find a stable system return 1000% over many different symbols on a consistent basis, they don't adapt to market changes and only work on one symbol, thanks anyway

#11     May 2, 2008
  2. leeb

leeb

Hi rewtree34- are you refering to wealthlab ? I agree completly my system is manual not automated

#12     May 2, 2008
  3. zdreg

zdreg

get a trading job with a prop firm and use their money on top of your deposit.

use your Monaco connections.

form an investment club.

#13     May 2, 2008
  4. BJL

BJL

Right. Have seen these guys as well 2 years ago and got the same story. Larger institutional investors won't even look at a fund with less than $200mln.
    To be able to get capital with GS support they told me I needed a track record of 2 years with a minimum AUM of $20mln.

The good old chicken and egg situation.

Anyway, I started my fund with my own money and friend/family and slowly trying to build the track record (easy part) and get more capital invested (hard part).

#14     May 2, 2008
  5. Barrons had a story last year about a guy with a couple of decades experience and 50+ million AUM who couldn't get to the next level because of the institutionalization of the hedge fund industry. It's no longer 2 guys with a Bloomberg terminal type of business.

Leeb, your naivite is staggering, and I'm being kind in saying just that.

#15     May 2, 2008
  6. leeb

leeb

I appreciate the feedback but don't appreciate being called naive - I have dedicated many years to trading and am far from inexperienced. Maybe I was hoping for too much when I started this thread, I will take the former suggestions of starting an investment pool of money from family and friends into account and less focus on the hedge funds etc, it is their loss if they don't have the imagination to work with the smaller players. I know I will succeed one way or the other. Maybe I'll post an account statement with real money soon to show the doubters on here it can be done :)

#16     May 2, 2008

7. Open a trading account with for example MF Global and build up your track record, if any good, they will contact you..

#17     May 2, 2008
  8. zdreg

zdreg

you better develop quickly a thicker skin to handle criticism whether justified or not.
    some people have given you more of the benefit than you deserve. to say that the hedge funds are the losers does show a lack of maturity. to say you have the equivalent of the holy grail shows a lack of a connection to reality.

#18     May 2, 2008
  9. you're gonna need 100s of trades over years worth of time with real money for anyone to take you seriously.

#19     May 2, 2008
  10. You have a successful systems but have no money. That is not going to make anyone think "it is their loss" The onus is on you, not on companies who you think they are missing the boat.

People like you are a nickel a dozen

#20     May 2, 2008