Have the "rich" been enslaved by the poor?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by axeman, Oct 6, 2003.

1. With all respect TM, the way you worded the post, it seemed to me that the $63K would most likely NOT be taxed again. If you were concerned with an estate tax, you would not be concerned with the tax on another $63k.

Sorry if I made wrong assumptions. That is just how I read it.

Peace,
    :)RS

#51     Oct 7, 2003

2. this is not a quagmire, the reconstruction is going well and if we didn't use all the technology many more American lives would have been lost....it's funny how when Bush said he was going to rebuild a free iraq, everyone laughed at him and said its about the oil...now he's doing it and the same ones are upset about the cost.. as for a post war plan....have you seen the report front he congressmen that was over there? I think he might be a democrat but he said its going amazingly well and nothing like the paper is reporting...Im not saying its perfect but they are on course.

#52     Oct 7, 2003
  3. read a few posts back ...it was an example....just for that im not going to defend you from max anymore:D :D

#53     Oct 7, 2003
  4. Dammit! This is a thread on the poor enslaving the, cough cough, rich.

Get back on subject people!!! :D

peace

axeman

#54     Oct 7, 2003
  5. ElCubano

ElCubano

Im going to have to disagree with you as smart as you are...North Korea has not complied...but we can start another thread for that one....Anyways we have to look at the whole situation not just did he comply or not before spending lives and money on something that may turn out to be far worse situation than before....this isnt one of your battleship arcade games ( very good graphics by the way ) and we are not the only ones on this planet or the protector of human rights violations when it is to our benefit ( North Korea and Cuba another thread )....

it isnt about did we do the right thing as if it were past tense..it is are we doing the right thing?? honestly what do u say about this?? not about did he violate or not, but what did we get out of going to war with IRAQ??? and dont tell me we saved the people from a tyrant either....

#55     Oct 7, 2003
  6. "...this isnt one of your battleship arcade games ( very good graphics by the way )"

LMAOOOOOOO!!!!! Hell yeah! :D

"it isnt about did we do the right thing as if it were past tense..it is are we doing the right thing?? honestly what do u say about this?? not about did he violate or not, but what did we get out of going to war with IRAQ??? and dont tell me we saved the people from a tyrant either...."

Well it sounds like your agreeing with me, but now asking "NOW WHAT???"

That is a valid question.
    The Korean point is another discussion, and no, I don't like seeing these bullshit double standards.

Anyway.... I think the worst thing we can do is give in to pressure by the democrats/bleeding-hearts or whoever, and pull out.

We are in a position to make some incredible, historic, changes in the region.

Yeah, it's expensive. Yeah, people died. But think of the potential future.

If we left everything "as is", and then tabulated the number of illegal deaths that occur in iraq over the next 5 decades, what would the number be?

Compare this to a POSSIBLE future, free, and democratic iraq, which could have huge implications on the region in general.

How many lives effectively SAVED?

What if we pull out, and Iraq collapses into a total state of chaos, and some new shit bag comes to power and starts executing anyone who challenges him, and goes to war with his neighbors every few years.

Now how many lives are lost and destroyed???

*IF*, and that is a BIG IF knowing the wishy washy-iness of washington, they get this done right, and leave Iraq in a stable, and democratic state, it could very well be worth it a thousand times over.

But I think i'm dreaming.

I stated long ago, before this even started, that the BEST argument for NOT going to war with Iraq, is that WE WOULD drop the ball, fu** it up, and give in to social pressure by all the bleeding hearts to pull out TOO SOON.

Thus throwing away our lives, their lives, and our money for nothing.

I made the comment that Americans do NOT have the backbone for this kind of endeavor.

But now that it is done, I really hope they do it right.

peace

axeman

#56     Oct 7, 2003
  7. yes, axeman is EASILY one of the best minds on ET! i consider him to have an even better mind than myself!! :D :eek:

#57     Oct 7, 2003
  8. Let's cut the defense budget by 200 billion, and issue a corresponding tax reduction across the board.

Whaddya say axeman.

#58     Oct 7, 2003
  9. Why are you asking me?

peace

axeman

#59     Oct 7, 2003
    #60     Oct 7, 2003