Have some trade ideas and looking for extensible trading platform?

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by mizhael, Feb 4, 2009.

1. No - I know of no software for backtesting options - data is probably the issue.

#21     Feb 5, 2009
    #22     Feb 5, 2009
  3. Not as far as I know - could have been added.....you'd have to investigate for yourself to be sure. Backtesting of options is exceptionally tricky because of a lack of reliable data.

#23     Feb 5, 2009
  4. #24     Feb 6, 2009
  5. How is Wealth-Lab?

Seems nobody mentions about Wealth-Lab?

#25     Feb 6, 2009
  6. I don't mention it because you need to be a Fidelity client and pay their terrible commissions to get access to the software.

#26     Feb 6, 2009
  7. Yep, I just find it out. How about subscription to the standalone version?

#27     Feb 6, 2009
  8. Only available to people outside the US. The new version of Wealth-Lab -- 5.0 -- I really don't care for. Requires too much work.

#28     Feb 6, 2009
  9. So coming back to our original question: TradeStation is the best? Or other software are better?

#29     Feb 6, 2009
  10. The answer is "it depends" - you can't just blanket say that one is better than the others. They each have strengths and weaknesses. Tradestation is great as long as you need to only test single securities. If you need to test a portfolio, then Tradingblox, Tradersstudio, Wealth-lab and Amibroker are all good choices.

Up and comers include Right Edge Systems and a host of other ones...you have to try them out to see which one works for you.

#30     Feb 6, 2009