Have Our Troops Taken Needless Casualties To Appease Mulsims?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 1, 2006.

1. http://www.awolbush.com/whoserved.html

as usual, your blind adherence to ideology blinds you.

bt

#11     Mar 1, 2006
  2. If you are not going to let your Army win then do not send them.

#12     Mar 2, 2006
  3. Exactly, politicians cannot run a war, they are inept in almost every facet of life with the exception of lying and that's why they are politicians.

#13     Mar 2, 2006
  4. You are certainly right that there are Democrats in congress whos erved and served honorably. One in particular stands out to me, George McGovern, who was a B-17 bomber pilot in WW II, probably as hazardous a job as one could find, other than maybe being first on the beach on D-Day. McGovern seldom mentioned his service and certainly did not try to embellish it like Kerry did his. Bob Dole made sure everyone knew he was a disabled vet but he didn't use it as a trump card everytime someone challenged him.

I think all these vets would agree with me that it is just wrong to put troops into combat and expose them to needless risk just to placate the international community or muslim leaders in Iraq. In fact, reading between the lines of Murtha's call to bring the troops home, I think we can see this concern. He basically said we don't seem to know what we are trying to accomplish, and I would agree with that.

I can't imagine anyone outside the White House would agree that establishing an islamic government in Iraq was worth 2000 dead soldiers and hundreds of billions in taxpayers money.

#14     Mar 2, 2006
  5. MRWSM

MRWSM

AAA, I'm as disgusted with the war decisions as you are. I have seen stories where the troops were getting bombs lobbed at them but they were not given permission to send the same firepower back to the exact location the bombs were coming from in fear of killing innocent people/terrorist. As disgusted as I am with Bush for allowing this, it appears from the posts here from democrats that the democrats would conduct war just as bad or worse. The democrats would probably impose gun control and send the troops in there unarmed to be slaughtered even worse. If it were up to me this war would have been finished in a day and no rebuilding.

#15     Mar 2, 2006
  6. ElCubano

ElCubano

within the law or outside the law...thats the thing with WAR..you should do ANYTHING in your power to prevent taking casualties period the end. There is nothing fair about war, specially when the other side doesn't adhere to any rules. How on Earth are we expected to fight fair...get out and get out fast....

#16     Mar 2, 2006
  7. ElCubano

ElCubano

Insurgents dont follow the Geneva Convention...and we both know ive been opposed to this war since day one...and this is the reason why??

#17     Mar 2, 2006
  8. Absolutely correct - until the end of the last sentence.

#18     Mar 2, 2006
  9. Shoot straight bro. Muslims don't give a damn about western conventions. Liberal universalists don't understand this because they think everyone on earth is just a liberal dressed up in funny costume. But the fact is Muslims are not like us and they don't see such measures (eg hamstrung military) as "fairness", they see them as "weakness".

#19     Mar 3, 2006
  10. So we let the fanatical Muslims, the "evil doers" set our standards of ethical and civilized behavior for the United States of America and how they treat human beings? The way they behave, is our rationalization for our behavior?

Oy vey.....

#20     Mar 3, 2006