Have Our Troops Taken Needless Casualties To Appease Mulsims?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Mar 1, 2006.

1. What, it isn't thinking? I was raised the good little liberal, and swallowed whole all I was taught. That I now reject liberalism as completely wrongheaded was by other than a thought process? Can you really complain if I call you immature? I imagine someone like AAA would claim this is a typical liberal tactic; thusfar I've been prepared to give the benefit of the doubt, but he's been around longer, so perhaps he knows.

That's funny. I consider liberals the cornered rats. I can't imagine on what basis you think you've "dismantled" anything; you've merely stated you don't like me or my opinions. That's hardly devastating.

If Bin Laden was illegally in America, and I shot him, ought I to incur the same moral censure as shooting an illegal Mexican?

Furthermore, I wasn't talking of any violent act, I was speaking specifically of rape - which, when you think about it, isn't exactly "violent". Perhaps violence is necessary in order to subdue the victim, but that isn't the reason rape is abhorred. Why shouldn't the "damage", which is completely psychological, be assessed on the victim's propensity to sustain it? In that sense, a nun loses a great deal more than a whore, surely. One may object on practical grounds, saying that such reasoning would lead to a rape epidemic against whores, but then one isn't arguing that a great moral outrage hasn't taken place with the rape of a nun.

You are asking me if I read, and yet here you are inventing things I've never even said. Where have I ever claimed to even be American, let alone a good one?

Progress to me - I don't know about you - means things getting better. If I don't regard things as better, if the problems of your vaunted "progress" cost more than the benefits they bring, how I can I honestly believe progress has taken place?

You're not required to know how my mind works. But I think the least you could have done was acknowledge that I'm not the racial hater you thought I was, simply because of my use of the word "racist" (which can mean many different things), which people attribute to me simply because I notice differences in the way people of different races act, and believe that such behaviour is at least partly explicable by heredity.

#111     Mar 10, 2006
  2. lol... ok, you got me. You're obviously just trying to bait me now.

Make sure to get to the north of Thailand. It's much more interesting than the touristy places.

#112     Mar 11, 2006
  3. I don't get the highlights in the upper quoted paragraph. Is that the bait? Or the bit about Bin Laden?

And nah, I think I'll skip on going north. (Chang Mai's pretty touristy from what I hear.) I enjoy being in Thailand, but honestly, I'm not at all enamoured with Thai culture. Travel, they say, is supposed to be fatal to prejudices, but being here, I am more certain than ever that were I forced to live here permanently, I could never integrate into Thai (or any Asian) society; already I seek out westerners to spend my time with, and obviously I'd do the same if I had to stay permanently. Interestingly though, immigration enthusiasts claim anyone can integrate into white countries like America. God knows why they believe it, when I'm sure that they, like I, don't honestly believe they could ever assimilate into Chinese, Nepalese or Guatamalen culture. But boy are they ever certain that the reverse is true.

#113     Mar 11, 2006