Have main=PC thinking of Macbook too- problems?

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by professorkev, Apr 10, 2009.

1. ATLien

ATLien

While I agree with you (people shouldn't have to do a lot of things), it's just not reality and in my opinion a flawed interpretation of the software stack. Those are static pieces of software with incredibly minimalistic and controlled user interfaces.

You can thrash OSX relatively quickly.

#11     Apr 10, 2009
  2. I've had no difficulty with the trackpad on the MacBook Pro. In fact, neither my wife nor I have ever used a mouse at all.

Conversely, I don't know anyone personally who has a PC laptop who doesn't use a mouse rather than the trackpad.

Can't speak for the MacBook though.

OldTrader

#12     Apr 10, 2009
  3. Eight

Eight

Windows has a lot of annoyances that seem unnecessary. It bugs me that the cursor disappears and you have to wait to find it... I hate that shit, moreso due to the fact that they have had decades to get it right and they never did. It was the same with the floppy drive interface, it sucked from the DOS days onwards. I used to work in a consulting company that engineered floppies, it made me a little ill to try to use one in the windows environs, they horked that up on day one and nobody much knew the diff so they did nothing about it, ever....

Most MAC users tell me that I would like the OS just because it's more user friendly. I listen to callers on the Leo Laprote show, many of them say they love their MAC's, few of the Windows crowd ever says that... I have a trading machine behind an incredibly tight firewall, it's impossible to do anything else with it and it's optimized just for that and nothing else.. that is the only good use for a windows machine imo. Now I'm shopping the used market for a MAC, not sure what to get at this point of course... suggestions are quite welcome, it's for surging, photoshop, I might want to run Ninjatrader on it though..

#13     Apr 10, 2009