Have Job, Will Trade...Where??????

Discussion in 'Trading' started by eagerbeaver, Sep 28, 2005.

1. gnome

gnome

Spock and Data would be All-Stars. Trading is mostly about logic and discipline... we mortals would do well to emulate them.

#21     Sep 28, 2005
  2. But how many times did Spock take over the Enterprise? Seemed to be a fairly regular occurrence. True that Spock used logic to perform well but did his 'black swan failures' mean that he gave up all the gains from his more consistent periods?

#22     Sep 28, 2005
  3. gnome

gnome

You convoluted me. I don't get your point.

#23     Sep 28, 2005
  4. Eager.....that's an easy one here are the results....

.....dead-even they both would achieve low drawdowns with fantastic returns....good god now you going to have me whip out my beta tapes and start watching them tonight:D

#24     Sep 28, 2005
  5. You guys may find this hard to believe but IMHO the best thing to trade out side of bank hours in the Teeswater time zone (eastern) is the mini S&P 500 future (ES).
    Here's how. Buy both a put and a call at about 4pm. Now trade the in the evening until you get sleepy. Use bracket orders (without stops-that's what the options are for) to close positions while you drift off. The market will retrace a few times during the night so you may want to put you orders to sell at say 1 point above close and your order to buy one point below. You can trade again when you wake up but try to be flat futures by the time you leave for work. On you way out the door leave orders to sell your long options positions. Most days you will make a profit on them too.

#25     Sep 28, 2005
  6. Have a look at the calendar folks, it is not 1999. If you want do make money trading you have to make money from "noise" Market simply to not run and trend very much. Beside your drawdown and trading stats will look much better if you make your money by squeezing out ticks in sideways market. Sure you could nail the job report but it is a lot easier to squeeze a flat market on a friday afternoon going into a holiday.

#26     Sep 28, 2005