Have I just been lucky today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by interdigital, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Another option is to liquidate your IDCC position immediately, go to Vegas, put it all on the "pass line" and roll a natural. Seven eleven, baby!

You're gambling. You already know that though...

#51     Jan 12, 2008
  2. It's not the same as Vegas. I go to Vegas and I double my money or I lose it all. In this case, if the company loses a lawsuit, I can still get out with maybe 50% of my money. I have also done my DD on the company, it's not like I picked any random company to put most of my money in.

#52     Jan 12, 2008
  3. Like Jesse Livermore, who won and lost 3 fortunes and blew his brains out?

#53     Jan 12, 2008
  4. zdreg

zdreg

what success are u talking about? one day you lost 6k+ the next day you made 4k+. in 40 trading days you will have lost your trading capital.

#54     Jan 12, 2008
  5. NY_HOOD

NY_HOOD

as awful as IDCC chart looks,it seems to have found a bottom and is a low risk long with a stop.

#55     Jan 12, 2008
  6. I knew stochastic calculus is useful for option theory, but don't know how it is related to stock trading esp daytrading stocks. Can you enlighten me? :D

#56     Jan 12, 2008
  7. ID:
    Did you make money on average? Consider all the trades you have made, did you make money or not?

You should analyse all your trades and try to infer with statistical tools.

Nobody can tell you if you are good or lucky by looking at two days' result.

#57     Jan 12, 2008
  8. I agree with the previous post; two days don't mean anything in trading. Every trader can have several days of unusual success or failure. There will be trading days where you are totally in sinc with the market, others where it seems you can do nothing right.

I think each trading strategy/philosophy will show different degrees of success or failure depending on market conditions. That is what makes trading so difficult to master.

Try to find market conditions that complement your style, and tread lightly when conditions are unclear.

Good luck on your investment, and your trading.

#58     Jan 12, 2008
  9. guys quit ripping on him. if he is comfortable with his purchase then leave him be. FAAAAAAAAAAAAAR too much risk for me but if he feels comfortable then i don't care.

#59     Jan 12, 2008
  10. I just have to ask one question of InterDigital.

If the company fired your ass tomorrow would you sell the stock?

#60     Jan 12, 2008