Have I just been lucky today?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by interdigital, Jan 11, 2008.

1. Yesterday I lost $6600 after getting whipsawed like crazy. I think 6 out of my 8 trades were losers yesterday.

Now today I've made 9 trades (1 long on ETFC, and 8 shorts on WM) and 8 of them have been winners. The one losing trade was just a one cent loss per share, although it would have been a profit if TDAmeritrade were a little bit quicker. I'm up $4200 today.

Was yesterday bad for most people, or am I just lucky as hell today? Guess I'll find out next week if I can keep this up.

2. balda

balda

what is your account balance?

3. Good job, don't tilt.

4. Around 300K, but about 260K of that is tied up in one stock, so only about 40K of cash available for trading.

5. which stock?

6. IDCC (my username is the same name as the company)

7. what is your average price?

8. cvds16

cvds16

do you have a mental illness ? :confused: :confused: :confused:
    almost 90% of your portfolio in one stock ?

9. I don't think so. You can't make significant gains without taking significant risk.

I have actually traded that stock previously, so I was able to take those profits and buy more shares. It's not like I took 260K of my own cash and dumped it into that stock. The avg price for the current shares that I hold is around 23.

10. good luck with it! you might want to check out modern portfolio theory while you wait for the register to ring ;)

#10     Jan 11, 2008