have $1000 to spend, whats good for trading ?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jjk2, Apr 7, 2009.

1. jjk2

jjk2

hey i have $1000 that im willing to spend, however i want to get back into trading.

i no longer want to get back to forex...

im thinking options, but maybe 1k is not enough.

futures will be crazy talk.

stocks perhaps ?

i want to do options, or options on futures if possible....do not know the costs.

2. Surdo

Surdo

Buy a nice pair of shoes and get a hooker, and open a paper trading account.

At least you will still have the shoes and a few hundred dollars left afterwards!

3. pmann

pmann

I personally would forget about the shoes and get 2 hookers and a bottle of whiskey ..then you would have a good story to tell afterwards

4. spindr0

spindr0

Agreed. Spend $900 on booze and hookers and then go waste the rest of the money

:)

5. I am not sure I agree about the hooker and having much left over but Surdo is right on the money.

The question very much reminds me of the people that break out some twentys to buy more chips at a poker table. Its totally dead money. I am sorry but $1K is not enough to trade with in most cases unless your investing and not trading.

Have the discipline to build up a bigger bankroll and in the mean time take your time and read some more books and other material that will make you a better trader.

If you don't want to wait because you feel like you want to get some action then that's what you will get but you won't be able to keep you money much less make any because that's not what you seek.

Best to you

RW

6. Pom

Pom

Gonerrhea!

7. I recommend:
    • Buy 5 contracts QQQQ Apr 2009 31 put @ $0.61
    • Buy 5 contracts QQQQ Apr 2009 32 call @ $0.54
    • Total $575.00

Lets check back on Apr 17, 2009 - or sooner - to see how my recommendation stacks up to the other replies. And maybe try 10 contracts next.

------