Hate to be the grim reaper but are looking at a possible depression

Discussion in 'Economics' started by commoditiestrdr, Feb 5, 2008.

1. walking not help. They will get a deficiency judgement and repossess your gold plated toilet...

#21     Feb 6, 2008
  2. achilles28

achilles28

Judas!

#22     Feb 6, 2008
  3. commoditiestrdr

commoditiestrdr Commodities View

Man I hope I don't get laid off

#23     Feb 7, 2008
  4. Moreagr

Moreagr

where were you trying to flip that florida texas or cali?

#24     Feb 7, 2008
  5. mokwit

mokwit

The whole of America is hoping the same but unfortunately the only strategic response of the new CEO class to their own strategic blunders is cutting jobs (or cutting washroom soap but keeping the corporate jets). They have no other strategy. So far MER and C are the only places where a meaningful job cut was made. Saved them millions and got rid of incompetent emplotyee.

#25     Feb 7, 2008
  6. maxpi

maxpi

Stock up on junk silver and gold coins, ammo, guns, food stores, etc, and learn to hunt and grow food.... that is your best hedge against a collapse... on the upside immigration might reverse... I hope that if things collapse there will still be an internet and markets to trade... liquidity will certainly fall way off, we'll be looking at weekly bars like people did in the 50's instead of 20 second bars but the game will be the same.... and the rewards a lot less but in bad times ANY kind of an income is all it takes...

#26     Feb 7, 2008
  7. mokwit

mokwit

............and only trade exchange traded not OTC counterparty contracts.

With weekly trading we will have plenty of time on our hands to dig out those old copies of Guns & Ammo from the seventies.

#27     Feb 7, 2008
  8. The only "depression " there is, is in your head. You need to see or consult a psychiatrist. January has the highest cases of depressions in the whole year.

Empirically there is no evidence of any depression or recession.

#28     Feb 7, 2008
  9. commoditiestrdr

commoditiestrdr Commodities View

I hope you're right

#29     Feb 7, 2008
  10. toc

toc

Recessions are still highly probable, but no chance of depression now that globalization is in full swing and China and India and major others have also learned to become consumer economies seeking quality products.

#30     Feb 7, 2008