Hate Speech?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by maxpi, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Perhaps you would find some relief if you didn't think about it quite so much and in such vivid detail...

#11     Jun 2, 2010
  2. Thats the problem though. They are not in the privacy of their own homes. They are on TV and newspapers and walking around in public making their business everyone elses and telling us we have no right to believe that homosexuality is wrong. They want us to change laws around so they can go into our churches that condemn homosexuality and get married there. But more than that they want us to change our beliefs about them and will call us foul names, boycott our businesses, and sometimes even act violently towards us for not changing our beliefs.

Do you ever notice that Christians do not go around telling everyone that beastility is wrong, or incest, or polygamy? Thats because those types keep it to themselves and dont go promoting themselves. When you see them in public, they do not act like odd human beings (well...maybe a few polygamists do). Homosexuals do odd things. Men act like women and women act like men. They cut their bodies to become the opposite sex.

But if people came out and started saying beastiality is ok, or incest or polygamy, you would find tons of opposition to that and many would speak out against it. If homosexuals want to be free to do whatever they want in the privacy of their own home...they should stay in their own homes and be quiet about it. Stop making TV shows about homosexuals living together and having relationships like its normal. Can you imagine if they put TV shows on where a man was having a relationship with his dog or sister

#12     Jun 2, 2010
  3. "If I argue against gay marriage by describing gay men as sex addicts that like to f%^k each other in their hairy stinking @ssholes and form a horribly diseased subculture, is that hate speech?"

No it is not hate speech.

It is the speech of a republican who persecutes gays before he comes out of the closet and admits that he is a homosexual...

#13     Jun 2, 2010
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Have you seen this Gabby?
    You may want to delay coming out of the closet buddy. You should probably continue spending date nights home alone in bed hugging your pillow, gently caressing yourself and singing along to your extensive Barry Manilow collection. It's not safe for you guys out there.

:D

#14     Jun 2, 2010
  5. I'll take your word for it, Lucrum.

#15     Jun 2, 2010
  6. hughb

hughb

Powered by

SAVE THIS | EMAIL THIS | Close

Fallen evangelical leader Ted Haggard to start new church
    By the CNN Wire Staff
    STORY HIGHLIGHTS
    Ted Haggard's career as a pastor went south after a sex and drugs scandal in 2006
    Haggard admitted to the sex allegations, but said he tossed the drugs
    He also stepped aside as pastor of the 14,000-member New Life Church
    First service to be Sunday at his house; "I don't expect to have another megachurch," he says
    (CNN) -- Ted Haggard, the former megachurch pastor and former National Association of Evangelicals chief whose career was undone by a gay prostitution and drugs scandal in 2006, plans to start a new church.

Standing in front of his barn, Haggard and his family announced Wednesday that they are starting a church in Colorado Springs, Colorado, called Saint James.

The church, which will not be affiliated with any denomination, will have its first gathering Sunday at the Haggard home.

"All are welcome. Whether you're a Democrat, a Republican, gay, straight, bi-[sexual], tall, short, addict, recovering addict. ... I believe Jesus' arms are open to all," he said.

In 2006, Haggard acknowledged having received a massage from a Denver, Colorado, man who said that the prominent pastor had paid him for sex over three years.

Haggard also admitted he had bought methamphetamine but said he threw it away.

Those statements led the Board of Overseers at New Life Church to fire Haggard as senior pastor. The church's independent investigative board said he was guilty of "sexually immoral conduct."

After the allegations were made public, Haggard resigned as president of the influential National Association of Evangelicals, an umbrella group representing more than 45,000 churches with 30 million members.

As part of his severance package with New Life Church, Haggard was barred from speaking publicly for a year. After that time elapsed, he made various media appearances, including starring in a documentary on HBO about his life.

Sunday's service will mark his first return to the ministry in a full-time capacity.

"This is an emotional morning for me," he told reporters. Flanked by his wife Gayle and their children and grandchildren, he said the family members had prayed long and hard before deciding to start another church.

"While many believe I am not qualified, nor will I ever be because of what we've been through, I may be qualified to help other people in need," Haggard said. "I don't expect to have another megachurch. I'll be so pleased if a handful of people join with us. Something is better than nothing, and helping one is better than helping none."

In response to a question, Haggard said he had no plans to perform gay marriages at the new church; that the only marriages he will perform will be between a man and a woman.

"Those are the marriages we'll do in our church," he said. "As for society, that's a different story."

His wife said she backed the move. "I was not willing to let the scandal be the last chapter in our lives," Gayle Haggard told reporters.

In a statement, New Life Church said it "will always be grateful for the many years of dedicated leadership from Ted and Gayle Haggard and we wish their family only the best."

Find this article at:
    http://www.cnn.com/2010/US/06/02/rel.haggard.announcement/index.html?hpt=Sbin

SAVE THIS | EMAIL THIS | Close

Check the box to include the list of links referenced in the article.

© 2008 Cable News Network

#16     Jun 3, 2010
  7. hughb

hughb

BWAHAHAHAHA! You guys crack me up. cmon, tell me more about how oppressed you are before I spew milk out of my nose all over the computer screen.

#17     Jun 3, 2010
  8. hughb

hughb

none of you guys who spend your days railing away against gay sex are really gay. None of you. these guys like haggard are simply a one in a million abberation. The rest of you are all non-hypocritical truth speakers. and that's all there is to it!

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

#18     Jun 3, 2010
  9. hughb

hughb

This here is just another one in a million abberation. Or does that make it a two in a million abberation? Anyway, it's just an abberation! Anybody who rails against gay sex is a moral, upstanding and honest heterosexual! Period! And I really mean it!

BWAHAHAHAHA!

#19     Jun 3, 2010
  10. hughb

hughb

OK, OK, so maybe this one is just a 3 in a million abberation.

#20     Jun 3, 2010