hate all this prayer crap

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FRuiTY PeBBLe, Apr 13, 2003.

1. another excellent point....there is no universal right or wrong either in your book right? Is your Grandmother dead or alive?

#71     Apr 16, 2003
  2. stu

stu

TM_Direct,

what a strange and inappropriate reaction if you don't mind me saying.

Where did I suggest anywhere that children should not be taught what is moral, honest and right. Does being religious interfere with your ability to read??

There are very few human rights concerned with religion to write home about if any, unless they have already been lifted off what's obviously humanity's right in the first place. By your remark you have proved my point. You attempt to superimpose religion as being moral etc., over the Moral Right and Honest which is foremost the property of humanity itself.

#72     Apr 16, 2003
    #73     Apr 16, 2003
  4. stu

stu

#74     Apr 16, 2003
  5. I'll try...

Maybe "hate" is a strong word, but I definitely find it extremely "annoying." It's annoying because these people make claims that have absolutely no basis in reality and I hear them all the time. If I went around saying a bunch of nonsense all the time, I'm sure people would find me annoying. Well, I find religious people annoying because that's exactly what they do.

I also find it quite offensive. If I was a soldier and I helped rescue some POWs, I would want people to respect me for risking my life to do so. I wouldn't want them saying "god" did it; I did it.

As I previously mentioned as an example, a friend/relative of one of the rescued POWs basically said that it is absurd to think "god" didn't help because they were captured and rescued on a Sunday. That pisses me off and makes me laugh at the same time. She has absolutely nothing to back that up. When the soldiers rescued the POWs, there was no PROOF that "god" would help them and they risked their lives anyway.

Unless it can be proven that "god" helped, I find it offensive to say "god" was on their side. They easily could have died trying to rescue them. Some soldiers have died trying to help other soldiers. Why didn't "god" help them? Because it's all a bunch of total bullshit. The people who were factually responsible need to be thanked, not some imaginary friend.

F. P.

#75     Apr 16, 2003
  6. What?

F. P.

#76     Apr 16, 2003
  7. I find it odd that you are so ANGRY about it......Tell the truth , dod you have a bad experience?....You are way to angry and PASSIONATE about the subject which is often an indicator fo pent up frustration against a mother , father or worse....a priest.

#77     Apr 16, 2003
  8. Ok, I'll explain it in your terms....How Cheeses became Meat!!!
    :D

#78     Apr 16, 2003
  9. ElCubano

ElCubano

I am sure that the rescuers where thanked in a big way ( I dont think there efforts went unoticed ).....I think you are wrong at being annoyed for someone giving thanks to God on top of thanks to the rescuers..I can certainly see the rescuers being annoyed if they were not thanked, but fruity you where 8000 miles away when this happened..I cant see why you would be annoyed at something you werent even part of....peace

#79     Apr 16, 2003
  10. frUIty,

get it out of your system

strangle a priest, punch an alter boy, take your Lousiville to a nun, smother a Rabbi, burn a bishop, cut a monk's brake lines, that always works for me

#80     Apr 16, 2003