hate all this prayer crap

Discussion in 'Politics' started by FRuiTY PeBBLe, Apr 13, 2003.

1. I think it is fantastic that some of the POWs have been rescued. However, I can't stand hearing that it was due to prayers, the lord, etc. What utter nonsense. They survived either because of their own actions, the heroic actions of someone else, or maybe they just got lucky.

PRAYING/THE LORD HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT!!!!!! :mad:

F. P.

p.s. PERFECT EXAMPLE: pfc Lynch. An Iraqi man RISKED HIS LIFE to save her. THANK HIM!!!!!! DON'T THANK SOME FAKE GOD!!!!! AND THANK THE SOLDIERS WHO RISKED THEIR LIVES TO GO IN AND GET HER!!!!! THEY DESERVE THE CREDIT!! NOT SOME FAKE BS!!! :mad:

p.p.s. don't bother replying with some religous explanation. NO, JESUS CHRIST DID NOT MAKE THE RESCUES HAPPEN. WHY DID JESUS RESCUE THESE PEOPLE AND LET SOME OF THE OTHERS GET TORTURED/KILLED?!?! YOUR FAKE GOD SUCKS. YOU PEOPLE NEED TO COME TO YOUR SENSES, BAD.

2. How do you know prayer didn't help, Huh?

3. ... nothing but the truth?

4. WAKE UP!!

So there you are...saying a prayer. It's good you want to help, but what are you really doing? What do you think is happening? So you pray for the POWs, the thought somehow leaves your head, travels through space to Jesus Christ, he somehow absorbs it or whatever and understands exactly what you mean. Then he somehow controls with his super powers all the events to rescue the POWs. All this is done by a human being type creature. Your "god" can do all this, but he still lets good people die! Why does he do this??? He sucks! SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHY JESUS CHRIST IS GOING TO KILL THE POPE!! I WANT TO KNOW, AND I WANT TO KNOW, NOW!

F. P. :-/

p.s. I'm awesome.

5. lundy

lundy

Just admit that you don't know God exists. It's not a big deal... you can't see the back of your head either.

God is not human. In the bible, it says we were created in his image. We are like him... it doesn't mean he is limited by our limits.

The very definition of God is that he is a super being. You may agree with this or disagree, but really you just don't know. So just leave it at that.

If you want to know, do some soul searching, and sincerely ask God to help you... cause remember, you can't even see the back of your head... or the inside of your head.

God isn't directly responsible for dealing out pain. He gives us this world where we have some pain and some pleasure. He gives it to us because we have attitudes like yours... we don't want to be with Him. We want to BE Him. So everyone experiences pain here.... it's part of the package.

However, God doesn't necessarily intervene on behalf of everyone who calls out for Him. There is something called karma, as you sow, so shall you reap.

I won't get into a philosophical debate here, as it's a waste of my time. And remember, those no use saying He doesn't exist, when you really you just don't know... it's better to just admit this. An atheist is the most lonely person on earth.

edit: God, being all powerful, can hear our prayers and intervene on our behalf. Also a person who is sincerely praying to God, and trying to please God with their life, understands that God is watching over them, in this life and the next, during pain and pleasure, during disease, old age, and death, during this life and the next. He also understands that the body is not the self, but rather a tool used by the self. He rests in God's hands and not in the shelter of the mind, the body, or the world and it's comforts.

6. If God is all powerful, he would be all knowing. If He is all knowing then he must already have planned existence. Catholics refer to this as "God's Plan," or the "Master Plan." Prayer is asking for something. Something outside the plan. Otherwise, we wouldn't need to pray, we would just know that everything would work itself out. Well, if God has taken the time to know everything and make his master plan, is all-knowing, and all-powerful why would anyone presume that a prayer would cause Him to change that plan? What good would it be to be God if everytime some clown or sports team prayed he had to change His plan and answer their prayer?

And besides, it is not talking with God, it is talking to God. To talk with Him you would by necessity need some type of response, no? And if you are talking to God and asking Him for something then you are presuming your friendship. That is, if nothing else, rude.

I was religious for a time. Until I reached the age of reason. When this happened I started looking for other, more practical things to worship. Then it came to me: the sun. The sun has and continues to provide many, many things which I need: light, heat, photosynthesis (for my plants and food). AND, it never asks for anything in return. No money, never wants to send me to war, never tells me I can't say certain things or what food I can and cannot eat. So, I am a sun worshipper. But, I don't pray to the sun - that would be presumptuous and rude.

When I pray, I pray to Joey Gumbatzi on the corner. Joey is the kind of fellow that can get things done. And, Joey and I are friends so he doesn't mind taking care of things for me. Last year I prayed I wouldn't have anymore Jehovah's Witnesses coming to my door. Now I don't know how he did it - and I don't want to - but I haven't seen a single Jehovah's witness since I've prayed.

To summarize,
    (1) I worship what's practical, like the Sun
    (2) I pray to Joey, goes he gets things done,
    (3) and when I need enlightenment I turn to the Gospel according to Carlin.

7. ANCHOR

ANCHOR

If people want to say that it is answer to prayer what do you care?

You have your opinion,
    they have their opinion.

Get Over IT!!!:eek:

8. Hey Fruitcake,

Please leave your overzealous anti-religious rantings to yourself. Obviously, some people take solace from prayer.

Quit trying to shove your beliefs down our throats, asswipe...

9. LOL

I'll leave my anti-religious rantings to myself WHEN YOU BRAINWASHED RELIGIOUS PEOPLE KEEP YOUR BS RANTINGS TO YOURSELF!!

Of all people, A RELIGIOUS PERSON (LIKE YOU) IS NO ONE TO TELL ANOTHER TO QUIT SHOVING THEIR BELIEFS DOWN PEOPLE'S THROATS, ASSWIPE!! :D BTW, I DON'T SHOVE MY BELIEFS DOWN ANYONE'S THROAT. I JUST LIKE TO DEBUNK RELIGION BECAUSE IT'S OBVIOUSLY THE BIGGEST SCAM GOING ON PLANET EARTH. :mad:

Fruitcake

10. When it comes to bullshit, big-time, major league bullshit, you have to stand in awe of the all-time champion of false promises and exaggerated claims, religion. No contest. No contest. Religion. Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things, he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time!

But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more. Now, you talk about a good bullshit story. Holy Shit!

But I want you to know something, this is sincere, I want you to know, when it comes to believing in God, I really tried. I really, really tried. I tried to believe that there is a God, who created each of us in His own image and likeness, loves us very much, and keeps a close eye on things. I really tried to believe that, but I gotta tell you, the longer you live, the more you look around, the more you realize, something is fucked up.

Something is wrong here. War, disease, death, destruction, hunger, filth, poverty, torture, crime, corruption, and the Ice Capades. Something is definitely wrong. This is not good work. If this is the best God can do, I am not impressed. Results like these do not belong on the résumé of a Supreme Being. This is the kind of shit you'd expect from an office temp with a bad attitude. And just between you and me, in any decently-run universe, this guy would've been out on his all-powerful ass a long time ago. And by the way, I say "this guy", because I firmly believe, looking at these results, that if there is a God, it has to be a man.

No woman could or would ever fuck things up like this. So, if there is a God, I think most reasonable people might agree that he's at least incompetent, and maybe, just maybe, doesn't give a shit. Doesn't give a shit, which I admire in a person, and which would explain a lot of these bad results.

So rather than be just another mindless religious robot, mindlessly and aimlessly and blindly believing that all of this is in the hands of some spooky incompetent father figure who doesn't give a shit, I decided to look around for something else to worship. Something I could really count on.
    -George Carlin
    ---cut to my previous post---

#10     Apr 13, 2003