Has trading made you more spiritual?

Discussion in 'Religion and Spirituality' started by rin4et, Sep 30, 2017.

1. Absolutely

#11     Oct 3, 2017
  2. luisHK

luisHK

nope

#12     Oct 3, 2017
  3. Trading has made me both more...Spiritual, and materialistic. o_O -- Money and returns are the scorecard, afterall.

I think if you ask any great trader about their spiritualism, or religion, or worldly views...it may sound kind of complex/strange/weird.
    The semi-randomness of the market makes you reflect and think alot about different things, on different levels.

Contrasts that...with any great investor...and it may sound much more level-headed and normal.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2017
    #13     Oct 3, 2017
  4. johnnyrock

johnnyrock

Most elite traders are so nice to newbies asking questions. Of course they are "spiritual." They just seem like dicks!

#14     Oct 3, 2017
    CSEtrader and Zodiac4u like this.
  5. %%
    Good points; some like pschobable for the same reason some pretend markets are gambling. Instead of any kind of change -some whine about bad luck.Most would agree king Solomon was/is much better model than Pope, but Pope is right to be anti-abortion= prolife/ Thanks

#15     Oct 6, 2017
    CSEtrader likes this.
  6. As a Tibetan Buddhist of several decades, I see this differently - sort of the 'standing on the shoulders of giants' idea. For me, the Buddha and many great students in the ensuing millenia have showed me how to work with my mind and understand it properly. And understanding the mind is the key to genuine spirituality.
    Carving your own path it is possible, but essentially a far OTM option - unlikely to pay off. It's far better to learn from someone who really possessed an almost oceanic wisdom and compassion. For me that's the Buddha, but there are others.

#16     Oct 7, 2017
    CSEtrader likes this.
  7. Cswim63

Cswim63

Yes. Trading teaches me to (try to) keep an open mind always. About everything, including my ideas about what is spirituality. It also taught me that what I think is not necessarily reality, but is just related to it somehow. That there is a whole level of perception I can access if I'm ready. I would encourage you, if you want to get well, to try to see where religious people could be right, even if you don't choose to live like they do. You want to be cynical? No one is going to stop you.

#17     Oct 7, 2017
    CSEtrader likes this.
  8. Cswim63

Cswim63

The one good thing about having an addictive personality-- when I sound like the OP my friends will usually suggest that I might need a meeting.

#18     Oct 7, 2017
  9. Cswim63

Cswim63

As far as the corporate BS goes . . . I try to see it as a type of herd mentality. Some people actually seem to enjoy working for the man. I try to incorporate this type of thinking into my trading. It can be as simple as where did everyone get in on this move, where will they panic, did everyone else miss it, am I the turkey who's trying to be different, not going with the flow. Most of this stuff I read about years ago in Mark Douglas' first book and have only recently found myself employing it. Also, I found a certain advantage to following someone else's rules in a job. When it came time to make my own I found myself I'll prepared. And there's lots of decisions to make.

#19     Oct 7, 2017
  10. Cswim63

Cswim63

Ill prepared. Not prepared. Thank you.

#20     Oct 7, 2017